Windows Memphis (98 Beta) Build 1619 Setup Problem?

Discuss Windows 95, 98 and ME.
Microsoft Windows Fan

Windows Memphis (98 Beta) Build 1619 Setup Problem?

Post by Microsoft Windows Fan »

I was tried to install Windows 98 Build 1619 yesterday on Virtualbox but i get BSOD at "Setting up hardware, Windows 98 is now setting up your hardware and any Plug and Play devices you may have..." screen.After i tried to install this build again on VMware Workstation 10 but it was slower than Virtualbox and it freezed at this screen:

I can move the mouse cursor but it dont pass this screen.I waited 30 minutes but still same screen.I can enter to Windows from safe mode but it cannot detect devices and i cant change theme so i dont want to use it on Safe Mode.I wanna use it Normally, please help! I see some peoples installed this build on VirtualPC but i cant use VirtualPC because im using Windows 8.1 (I was tried to install VirtualPC on Windows 10 but i get the sad face BSOD.Thats why im scaring to install VirtualPC on Windows 8 or never)
Last edited by Microsoft Windows Fan on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheCollector1988
Donator

Re: Windows Memphis (98 Beta) Build 1619 Setup Problem?

Post by TheCollector1988 »

For uploading a screenshot, you can use the image uploader here.

Microsoft Windows Fan

TheCollector1988 wrote:For uploading a screenshot, you can use the image uploader here.
I already know it but it dont accept my photo because my photo is big and i dont know how to change the resolution of it...

LangsamSpieler

Post by LangsamSpieler »

You Need only the correct format for the picture.
416175:38 BetaArchive Registration
416176:06 First BetaArchive Post
4251811:32 Archive Access Granted

Microsoft Windows Fan

LangsamSpieler wrote:You Need only the correct format for the picture.
Ok, i convert the picture to "600 x 400" and i putted it...

TheCollector1988
Donator

Post by TheCollector1988 »

Well, since VPC can't be installed in your case, you can also use 86Box, but remember you need a quite powerful host PC to make it run decently in terms of speed.

awesomeguy

Post by awesomeguy »

TheCollector1988 wrote:Well, since VPC can't be installed in your case, you can also use 86Box, but remember you need a quite powerful host PC to make it run decently in terms of speed.
I see where you are coming from. However, from the looks of it, OP is running Windows 8.x, and VPC can be modded with the updated vmm.sys driver below to make it work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dr3iiv32r ... ogWare.zip

Microsoft Windows Fan

awesomeguy wrote:
TheCollector1988 wrote:Well, since VPC can't be installed in your case, you can also use 86Box, but remember you need a quite powerful host PC to make it run decently in terms of speed.
I see where you are coming from. However, from the looks of it, OP is running Windows 8.x, and VPC can be modded with the updated vmm.sys driver below to make it work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dr3iiv32r ... ogWare.zip
Guys, GOOD NEWS! I installed Windows Vista on my computer (Yes, im always changing my os. Ikr xd) Because Windows 8.1 started to lag too much and my computer is old (its from 2008) I can use VPC now! :) Im gonna try to install again on VPC... Thanks for all of help! :)

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

An actually supported operating system, such as Windows 7 would probably be better if it's a main computer, but it's your choice.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

Microsoft Windows Fan

AlphaBeta wrote:An actually supported operating system, such as Windows 7 would probably be better if it's a main computer, but it's your choice.
I was have a problem with VPC when i was at Windows 7.The VPC was so SLOW but in Windows Vista, this problem fixed!

Actually, i fixed this problem.The problem is "APM Power Management" was enabled on bios so BSOD appears.But when i disable it, it installed perfectly and im using it right now! The only bad thing i cant get sounds :( Anyone know how to get sounds on this build of Windows Memphis?

Microsoft Windows Fan

Ok, i fixed this problem too! Sounds are working! :) But thanks for the recommend and help, everybody! :)

Last bumped by Microsoft Windows Fan on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:33 pm.