Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5231

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
The_Build_Tester

Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5231

Post by The_Build_Tester »

After installing Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5231 successfully, I started to install drivers. I decided to start with the graphics driver first and this driver is made for Windows XP. My graphics card is an AMD (or ATI) Radeon HD 5450. I was able to launch the setup and extracted successfully but when it automatically started the setup, it crashed. I then set the program into Windows XP compatibility mode to see if it would launch but no such luck. I decided to use the files that were already extracted from the setup and even used 7-Zip to extract the contents from the setup into a folder to use Device Manager to manually install the driver but when it started to install it failed to install that says, "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device." "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." "A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store." I also tried to install them with the INF file by manually choosing that file in Device Manager but the same error appears. I tried to use the Vista drivers manually in the Device Manager and they installed successfully with an error type 31. I rebooted the PC and everything was choppy just like before I installed the driver. Please don't respond with, "It's a beta," because it's well already obvious enough. :|

ExplicitNuM5

Re: Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5231

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

5450 is released in 2008-2009, and 6.0.5231 came out before 2006.
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

The_Build_Tester

Re: Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5231

Post by The_Build_Tester »

Does this really matter at all if it's after 2006? I mean like if the Vista driver installs, then is there a way to actually get the XP driver to work or is it not possible at all?