[OFFER] Novell NetWare 4.11 (damaged, sadly)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Beluga

[OFFER] Novell NetWare 4.11 (damaged, sadly)

Post by Beluga »

I was just about to do a dump for my personal archive when I sadly figuered out that my copy of NetWare 4.11 is damaged. The first CD (most important one with the NetWare 4.11 operating system) gives me reading errors during the last 5% of the disk. It is damaged beyond repair; there is a scratch in the data layer (in the silver foil).

Still, I can offer to upload the other three CDs that come with it and that so far do not exist on the FTP along with scans of all CDs. Luckily we already have the first CD although it is an ISO-version only.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [OFFER] Novell NetWare 4.11 (damaged, sadly)

Post by mrpijey »

That would be nice, then we can at least add the proper dumps and scans to the release (after it's been verified that ours and yours are identical).

Thanks.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Beluga

Post by Beluga »

I will include the dump of the damaged disk. As the first ~580MB of 600MB were read just fine, it should be possible to verify if the releases are identical.

Beluga

Post by Beluga »

So it took me some time to complete this upload, mainly because I was a bit unsecure regarding labeling.

I labeled this release "Novell IntranetWare (1996) [Multilanguage]". The point is that 4.11 was not sold alone as Novell NetWare 4.11. Instead Novell decided to bundle it with some stuff (probably most important: their web server) and release it as "Novell IntranetWare".
Without a version number. Also there is no build number that I am aware of.

As far as I know they only did this with 4.11; so using no version number seems to be pretty accurate for me.

Still, I would be quite interested in how other people think about this!

YourAverageJoe

Post by YourAverageJoe »

Beluga wrote:I was just about to do a dump for my personal archive when I sadly figuered out that my copy of NetWare 4.11 is damaged. The first CD (most important one with the NetWare 4.11 operating system) gives me reading errors during the last 5% of the disk. It is damaged beyond repair; there is a scratch in the data layer (in the silver foil).

Still, I can offer to upload the other three CDs that come with it and that so far do not exist on the FTP along with scans of all CDs. Luckily we already have the first CD although it is an ISO-version only.
get something like roadkil's unstoppable copier and if that copies all of the files without any corruption, then you can just maybe ignore those reading errors. idk if this is the same as floppies in the sense of reading errors but usually the beginning percentage of the disc needs to be read if you want to make sure you want your files uncorrupted while the last 5% not being read wouldn't do anything to the files
hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!!!