BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 10d, 0h, 50m | CPU: 10% | MEM: 4118MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows ME Build 2332 msmouse.vxd        Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:28 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 10
I am trying to install Windows Codename Millennium Developer Release Build 2332 in Virtual PC 2007. The installation works fine until the first boot after copying files is done. It gives me an error about msmouse.vxd. I tried editing system.ini to change the line msmouse=*vmouse, msmouse.vxd to msmouse=*vmmouse but it then simply hangs at boot.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows ME Build 2332 msmouse.vxd        Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:01 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn
Msmouse sounds like your mouse for your computer is invalid. You might need a new mouse. Maybe. Im most likely wrong.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows ME Build 2332 msmouse.vxd        Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:38 pm 
Donator

WindowsLonghornFan wrote:
Msmouse sounds like your mouse for your computer is invalid. You might need a new mouse. Maybe. Im most likely wrong.

Why post obviously wrong advice in the first place then? There is simply no way getting a new physical mouse could possibly fix his problem.

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows ME Build 2332 msmouse.vxd        Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:21 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn
I think I solved it. Your ati video driver was freezing the system. You need to install a new version of the driver and it should work. Found the solution here http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread ... smouse-vxd

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows ME Build 2332 msmouse.vxd        Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:11 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
WindowsLonghornFan wrote:
I think I solved it. Your ati video driver was freezing the system. You need to install a new version of the driver and it should work. Found the solution here http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread ... smouse-vxd

He's installing it in Virtual PC 2007, which emulates an S3 card, but he could give a try of booting into safe mode and uninstalling the S3 driver.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows ME Build 2332 msmouse.vxd        Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:03 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Thanks for the help. I will try that out
PS. What about installing virtual machine additions? It installs another s3 driver, so I'm not sure if it will still work. (BTW VM additions works in Windows Millennium Edition betas)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows ME Build 2332 msmouse.vxd        Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:25 am 

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn
Ok. Tell me how it goes.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows ME Build 2332 msmouse.vxd        Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:26 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 10
I cannot boot into safe mode because this happens during the installation after the first reboot before drivers have been set up. It boots to the OS and gives me an error that it can't install drivers in safe mode and then hangs after I close the error. I even tried removing the line mouse.drv=mouse.drv from system.ini but that didn't work either...

Top  Profile