Why the Windows 7-10 fanboys always bother to Windows XP?

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
SistemaRayoXP

Why the Windows 7-10 fanboys always bother to Windows XP?

Post by SistemaRayoXP »

That is something very interesting for me, because I recently was reading a post and found a [censored] fanboy bothering us because someone made a patch to make XP NT6.0-compatible. He said that this was an older OS that must die, that we must upgrade 7 or 10, that it's a dead-OS (Just like BeOS, for example), and many of them probaly think that buying hardware is as cheap as some fried chips, but isn't so. I have a 11-year-older machine with a 16-years older operating system (XP, of course). I have another 14-year-older machine with a 16-year-older OS (XP, again) with multiboot with a 17-year-older OS (Win2K) and a 19-year-older OS (Win98). What I mean is hat I hate the people that think that everybody can just because they can, is like to say that I have and i7 and just because I could bought it, anybody else can. I've used ALL the Windows consumer-oriented OS (1-10) and I know perfectly its advantages and disvantages:

Windows 3.1: Needs Internet support / It has a nice graphical UI for such time (Comparing it with Windows 2 and 1)
Windows 95: Needs newer hardware support / It was the first one included the "thing" that Windows: [Start]
Windows 98: The Active IE4 Desktop by default was a hell for some / It was the legend Before XP
Windows Me: Everybody knows this :

Still so, it was GREAT for Multimedia in the early 2000

Windows XP: It was the LONGEST SUPPORTED OS from MS, of course

It was a GREAT black hole for trojan and viruses! (Even when supported)

user99672
Donator

Re: Why the Windows 7-10 fanboys always bother to Windows XP

Post by user99672 »

Well, you come off at a cursory level as "Look at how smart I am, I'm cheap and won't upgrade'". Now sure, money may be tight, and assuming you're in that situation, sure, you can keep running XP, however, you've said "it was always a Trojan hole", that's the point, I (amongst many) do not want to deal with an active attack surface. You're more than welcome to endanger yourself. Personally, as long as Microsoft is releasing patches, I'll stay on whatever; 7, 8, 8.1, 10. If I were on an ancient box that I needed as a daily driver that didn't require some cockamamie proprietary Windows app? Linux.

Alas, pick your own poison. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

James

Re: Why the Windows 7-10 fanboys always bother to Windows XP

Post by James »

SistemaRayoXP wrote:That is something very interesting for me, because I recently was reading a post and found a [censored] fanboy bothering us because someone made a patch to make XP NT6.0-compatible.
Red card! Penalty!

Yeah, if your post is going to open with a censored word, and then go on a rant about "fanboys disparaging a 16 year old operating system's fans" then maybe you shouldn't post it. BetaArchive is not your soapbox. Go somewhere else for that. Consider this a verbal warning. Don't do this kind of stunt again. Topic locked.
user99672 wrote:Well, you come off at a cursory level as "Look at how smart I am, I'm cheap and won't upgrade'". Now sure, money may be tight, and assuming you're in that situation, sure, you can keep running XP, however, you've said "it was always a Trojan hole", that's the point, I (amongst many) do not want to deal with an active attack surface. You're more than welcome to endanger yourself. Personally, as long as Microsoft is releasing patches, I'll stay on whatever; 7, 8, 8.1, 10. If I were on an ancient box that I needed as a daily driver that didn't require some cockamamie proprietary Windows app? Linux.

Alas, pick your own poison. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Just click the report button next time, user99672. Don't take the flamebait.