[Offer] Various MS Discs and Packaging

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
galeharpring

[Offer] Various MS Discs and Packaging

Post by galeharpring »

I am offering up whatever packaging, booklets and CDs that I have for this software. If you need any scans of anything, no problem. I have access to a scanner with an 11x17 platen glass and a 70ppm document feeder that goes up to 600dpi and a desktop flatbed scanner that can scan up to 3200dpi.

I'll start with the things I have packaging for:

Windows XP is an upgrade disc with SP2.

The Win2K (with no service pack) claims to be an upgrade and an academic edition. I was able to do a clean install and it didn't check for any previous installation. Also, I have the box in nearly perfect condition too.

120 Day evaluation version. It is interesting to note that there are more than a few places where it claims to be Windows Server 2003.

Claims to only install on specific Compaq hardware. I have used it on several non-Compaq PCs.

I attended the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Launch event in my city and got both of these in the swag(?) bag. The Vista is a full version that saw some pretty constant use. The Heroes Happen Here kit was, sadly, involved in a flood when my at the time apartment melted. I have already dumped the discs, so they are good. I cannot remember if there is 32 bit disc for the Windows Server. The packaging implies that there should be.

I have several dozen MSDN cds from something like 2001 and a few of the random MS sales? or whatever they were cds from the same time, but I figure you already have all of those.

I also have a copy of the Dell OEM Office XP Small Business and the Office 2003 Beta 2 Kit with all of it's packaging.

When I come across more I will add it.

jimmsta
Donator

Re: [Offer] Various MS Discs and Packaging

Post by jimmsta »

I still have my beta Windows Home Server disks somewhere. I should probably photograph it for archival use. It's important to note that with the beta, the installer basically installed Windows Server 2003 Web edition, then was scripted to install the rest of the components, albeit very buggy and prone to crashes. I wound up with several broken installs that ended me with a non-activated server 2003 install with a lot of broken dependencies at one point.
16 years of BA experience; I refurbish old electronics, and archive diskettes with a KryoFlux. My posting history is 16 years of educated speculation and autism.

galeharpring

Post by galeharpring »

That sounds kind of fun honestly.

ArtiomWin

Post by ArtiomWin »

Well, you can upload evaluation software here. It's great you have documentation to disks, maybe scans of it can be added to already uploaded releases.

Claims to only install on specific Compaq hardware. I have used it on several non-Compaq PCs.
As for Compaq Deskpro restore disk, could not you upload it to Archive.org (I'm interested on it :$ , but recovery disks are not accepted to BA nowadays.)

P.S. I used to have some Microsoft trials (as downloaded images, not as physical disks), but unfortunately my old external HDD had been broken few years ago. These trials were included Windows Server systems (and Home server was one of them), Windows 7 and Office 2010 (and maybe some other stuff, I don't remember). If I have a time, I'll take that disk to service to restore information.

galeharpring

Post by galeharpring »

That Compaq disc is an interesting beast. The directory structure is of an actual Winnt disc but with a Compaq specific bootloader. It has the actual i386 folder and everything taken straight off the retail.

I think.

I've never had one to compare it to. Boot with cd-rom support and it installs cleanly as long as you copy the i386 folder to the hard drive and install from that. The other restore discs I have from that time period are a bunch of zip or cab files that autoextract to their homes.

I will rip it as an iso and throw it into a VirtualBox in a day or two to make sure I am remembering it correctly.

I have no problem uploading it elsewhere for those interested.

Note, I'm not arguing about the rule about uploading system restore disks, I totally understand it.

hunterspad

Post by hunterspad »

galeharpring wrote:That sounds kind of fun honestly.
Yeah would love the Compaq disk as well!

galeharpring

Post by galeharpring »

hunterspad wrote:
galeharpring wrote:That sounds kind of fun honestly.
Yeah would love the Compaq disk as well!
I set up an archive.org or .com or whatever it is account the other day. I'm planning to put the Compaq disc there this evening or tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Now for whomever knows these things:

Are the Windows Home Server or 2008 (also, foind the 32 bit disc for that!) stuff welcome to upload, or do you already have them? I don't see them listed in the listings on mrpijey's signature, but I don't know how exhaustive of a list those are.

I did see some The New Print Shop disks listed. I have the Holiday Fun Pack disk both 3.5 and 5.25 versions of they are welcome.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

You're welcome to upload anything we don't have in our listings as we want to preserve any proper originals we can find.

Thanks.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

YourAverageJoe

Post by YourAverageJoe »

i would be interested in the windows vista with windows live promotion discs along with the heroes happen here preview discs as well. maybe also scans for the windows home server discs since I have never seen discs for them ever before.
jimmsta wrote:I still have my beta Windows Home Server disks somewhere. I should probably photograph it for archival use. It's important to note that with the beta, the installer basically installed Windows Server 2003 Web edition, then was scripted to install the rest of the components, albeit very buggy and prone to crashes. I wound up with several broken installs that ended me with a non-activated server 2003 install with a lot of broken dependencies at one point.
do upload them.
hOI!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!!!

galeharpring

Post by galeharpring »

I try to go to these events when they are nearby, and when I catch wind if a beta or evaluation that comes along on CD I try to sign up for them when I can.

I'll start uploading the trials and preview stuff along with scans for everything this evening.