(REQUEST) Does anyone have the original Win2K build 1946 ISO

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Windows Thunderstruck

(REQUEST) Does anyone have the original Win2K build 1946 ISO

Post by Windows Thunderstruck »

I want an ISO of Windows 2000 Professional build 1946 that does not have files from the future (aka build 2031)
Root of this tampered disk: https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .14350.png
I386 folder: https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .92386.png
13/12/1998 files are 1946 files
26/04/1999 files are 2031 files
As I said, I want the original copy of this build, without the 2031 files, and 1946 files in place of the 2031 files.
All folders but I386 and its subfolders are actually from build 2031.
Would anyone be willing to give me their original, not the tampered version 1946 ISO right off their computers?
Or is this build like Longhorn build 3683 with only the tampered version leaked?

Overdoze

Re: (REQUEST) Does anyone have the original Win2K build 1946

Post by Overdoze »

It would seem that build 1946 was only scene leaked thus far, by the group PWA. Which means it's highly likely that any other CD contents besides the i386 folder were discarded. So I guess someone then inserted this leaked folder into a 2031 ISO for god knows what reason.

I'm downloading the scene leak of 1946 Professional right now to verify what I said above. It's also worth noting that the Server edition was also leaked by the same group, but it's missing the first 6 parts. In any case, I think it'd be more proper to keep a minimal copy of 1946 Professional on the FTP, instead of this frankenstein ISO.

EDIT: Interesting, I've also checked the ISO that's currently on the FTP, and it's not the same as the one you described. All file dates have been changed to 25th April 1999 (the date of 2031). Which means this particular copy is even more unacceptable.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

Windows Thunderstruck

Overdoze wrote:It would seem that build 1946 was only scene leaked thus far, by the group PWA. Which means it's highly likely that any other CD contents besides the i386 folder were discarded. So I guess someone then inserted this leaked folder into a 2031 ISO for god knows what reason.

I'm downloading the scene leak of 1946 Professional right now to verify what I said above. It's also worth noting that the Server edition was also leaked by the same group, but it's missing the first 6 parts. In any case, I think it'd be more proper to keep a minimal copy of 1946 Professional on the FTP, instead of this frankenstein ISO.
So there is a Server version of build 1946 as well?
I wonder if you know of any other builds there were leaked by PWA?
I know PWA scene leaked Build 1996 on March 10th of 1999 for example. But it hasn't been found yet and I don't think it ever will.
The reason I want the real ISO instead of a FrankenBuild is that it feels more authentic.
Regarding the Server version, what do you mean it's missing the first six parts?

Windows Thunderstruck

Overdoze wrote:It would seem that build 1946 was only scene leaked thus far, by the group PWA. Which means it's highly likely that any other CD contents besides the i386 folder were discarded. So I guess someone then inserted this leaked folder into a 2031 ISO for god knows what reason.

EDIT: Interesting, I've also checked the ISO that's currently on the FTP, and it's not the same as the one you described. All file dates have been changed to 25th April 1999 (the date of 2031). Which means this particular copy is even more unacceptable.
So the copy on the BA FTP is a 1946/2031 mishmash were all the files are 2031 branded?!
WinWorld and Old-DOS's copies are what I have.
So why did someone tamper around with it?
Also the folder dates are placed to June 14, 2001 for some stupid reason.

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

Please don't double post.

They probably almost always make all editions of a build, they just aren't all leaked for every build.
PWA leaked a ton of builds, so it'd be hard to name them all. But considering we've since got plenty of proper disc dumps that are of superior quality, their leaked copies have largely been replaced thus far I believe.
Well you never know, in the recent years (from 2014 onwards I believe), we've recovered many of the lost warez scene leaks. So there's always a chance we'll find 1996 as well someday.
Both of these leaks were found on a BBS backup tape I believe, and the tape only contained server parts from 7 onwards for some reason. Perhaps it was a mistake by the BBS admin when backing stuff up, perhaps the other parts got corrupted, or they got lost in some other way.

All files had their dates changed to the 2031 date in our ISO by someone for unknown reasons.

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

Windows Thunderstruck

Wow, PWA sounds like they had a goldmine of Windows pre-releases.
Did they have a website?
I wonder if they were any Whistler and Longhorn/Vista protos scene leaked by them?
If we look deeper, then we could find even more builds, like we had with build 1969 two years ago
Sorry if I double posted, I was posting this off my phone and I am not using Tapatalk

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

Their supplier(s) probably had good connections within Microsoft. They got busted in May 2000 by the US authorities, so I'm not sure about their Whistler leaks, but they did leak Npetune 5111.