BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 7d, 21h, 32m | CPU: 49% | MEM: 2804MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:56 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 3.1
I was a user of WinWorld for a long time, and there I got software, software help, but also sometimes hardware help.

I see a lot of software and software help here, but I am wondering would I also get hardware help here if I need it?

I find it's best to spread my wings and participate in more than one old/vintage computer related website.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:13 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
You're welcome to post your hardware questions in off topic but keep the rest of the forum to software :)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:17 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OpenNT
Offtopic Comment
Does anyone know what's going on with WinWorldPC? It seems to be down.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:52 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
haroldas.velioniskis wrote:
Offtopic Comment

This is from winworldpc.net

Thank you for your attention!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 3.1
Andy wrote:
You're welcome to post your hardware questions in off topic but keep the rest of the forum to software :)

Okay, Thank You.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:22 am 
VIP

Favourite OS
IRIX 5.3
Edness wrote:
Offtopic Comment

Sounds fishy. Why should he shut down the whole site if banning one admin would have been enough to fix the situation? Especially if he has as much "solid proof" as he says. My guess is that this is just a (rather lame) excuse for something else that's going on. It's no secret that WinWorldPC (or rather some of the staff/regulars over there) liked to create drama in the past...

But then again, I couldn't care less. I have never felt the need to go there since they don't have anything that's not also available here (at least last time I checked)...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:38 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 3.1
Darkstar wrote:
Edness wrote:
Offtopic Comment

Sounds fishy. Why should he shut down the whole site if banning one admin would have been enough to fix the situation? Especially if he has as much "solid proof" as he says. My guess is that this is just a (rather lame) excuse for something else that's going on. It's no secret that WinWorldPC (or rather some of the staff/regulars over there) liked to create drama in the past...

But then again, I couldn't care less. I have never felt the need to go there since they don't have anything that's not also available here (at least last time I checked)...

The staff member in question, owned the domain and had control of a lot of things.

It wasn't just someone with administrative forum privilege.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:28 am 
Administrator

May I remind everyone that this thread is not about WinWorldPC, the OP asked about what goes on on THIS site... if that's no longer the case then we will close this topic as it has played out its use.

Listings: Online :: Offline

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:25 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
Edness wrote:
Offtopic Comment

Offtopic Comment
I can't seem to see what is said in the first attached picture

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:45 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 3.1
Al right, can we please stop discussing WinWorld?

Please keep to what sort of things happen on this website, Thanks.

Please do not derail and/or get my thread locked. Thank you.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:06 am 
FTP Access

Twiggy wrote:
Al right, can we please stop discussing WinWorld?

Please keep to what sort of things happen on this website, Thanks.

Please do not derail and/or get my thread locked. Thank you.

Just go on the IRC if you haven't already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:59 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Win 10 64-bit
Ok, I think here is good to stop the thread since the OP got an answer to their question.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What goes on on this website?        Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 am 
Administrator

Agreed.

Listings: Online :: Offline

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]