Need info on Driv3r / Driver: Parallel Lines

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
Fireboyd78

Need info on Driv3r / Driver: Parallel Lines

Post by Fireboyd78 »

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for any information that may be on the FTP in regards to Driv3r and/or Driver: Parallel Lines. I've been working on some projects for these games for quite a few years now, and one of my most valuable assets are leftover developer files. I found a file listing all of the function names in a demo for Driver: Parallel Lines, and ever since then I've been on the hunt for other similar files.

I'm primarily interested in Driv3r, as finding any debug/developer stuff is incredibly difficult. For example, each of the games listed have a "Development" menu that is completely removed in the retail version. Years ago a screenshot of the development menu in Driv3r surfaced, but I was never able to get in touch with the person who took them. After years of looking far and wide for anything on these games, I simply have nowhere else to look.

I could really, really use any files that may contain leftover debug information in them. For the console games, I wrote a tool that can extract the contents of the .IMG files (which is where I found that file in the DPL demo). If anyone would be so kind as to inform me what versions of these games exist on the FTP (if any), and what platform(s) they are on, that would be a great start.

Here's some things I'm interested in finding --

Preview/Debug builds of Driv3r
Platforms: PC, XBox
These are some of the hardest builds to find, with the PC version being the rarest of them all. XBox is similar to the PC version and can be used to help aid in reverse engineering. Anything from early '04 (XBox) and early '05/late '04 (PC) is what I'm looking for.

Preview/Debug builds of Driver: Parallel Lines
Platforms: PC, XBox
I have yet to see any builds for these platforms ever released. The only known build we have is a PS2 demo from November 2005, which is one of the oldest builds I've ever had access to. PS2 is incredibly hard to work with, so a similar build on the x86 architecture would be very useful. For XBox, anything prior to March 2006 would be useful. The PC version was released in 2007, so anything before that would be amazing.

Besides the executables themselves, I'm also looking for possible PDB/MAP files. PDB is really only used for PC, and these seem incredibly rare, so I won't hold my breath for that. MAP files may also be present, but for the XBox versions they're likely inside the IMG archive, for which you will need a tool to verify if they exist. If you want to verify my tool's source code, you can find it here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I need to clarify on anything, please let me know. I'm just really hoping there's something out there, because these are some of the hardest things to find!