What i have (abandonwarez)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
ZmeyKolbasnik

What i have (abandonwarez)

Post by ZmeyKolbasnik »

A Russian CD of Windows 2000 (Legit)
Not all - Windows 95 install Floppies 3"5 (English): For computers with no OS - not even DOS
Windows 95 5"25 Install Floppies (English)
Office 95/97 3"5 Floppies (English)
I lost the Win2K CD and I don't have a floppy reader to dump these floppies
I speak Russian as my main language, so excuse me for the grammar mistakes I make.
I love collecting rare Windows/just Windows releases/betas. Some rare versions not on old-dos will be reuploaded there

perry

Re: What i have (abandonwarez)

Post by perry »

interesting

Damian9303
Permanently Banned

Post by Damian9303 »

You can get a 3"5 USB Floppy Drive off of eBay I believe and use it to dump the floppies using your main computer but there are only 3"5 USB Floppy Drives I believe. If you want to dump 5"25 floppies you need to copy the files from the 5"25 to a 3"5 using perferibly an older computer and then use the USB Floppy Drive on your computer to dump it

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

Damian9303 wrote:If you want to dump 5"25 floppies you need to copy the files from the 5"25 to a 3"5 using perferibly an older computer and then use the USB Floppy Drive on your computer to dump it
Wait, what? This is stupid on sooo many levels....
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

haroldas.velioniskis
Donator

Post by haroldas.velioniskis »

Darkstar wrote:
Damian9303 wrote:If you want to dump 5"25 floppies you need to copy the files from the 5"25 to a 3"5 using perferibly an older computer and then use the USB Floppy Drive on your computer to dump it
Wait, what? This is stupid on sooo many levels....
Well, what he said wasn't that stupid. There is no 5.25" floppy drives with USB interface (well, you can use Kryoflux but that's an expensive option)
And he probably thought you can only have a 5.25" drive in a really old computer so you will have to use 3.5" disk to transfer data from 5.25" and use USB device to transfer the data to your PC. However, that's not true. Any PC that has a standard floppy controller can handle both 5.25" and 3.5" drives at the same time (A&B). So you can plug your drive there and dump it straigh. But if you have one of those computers from late 2000s, like my Dell from 2005 you may not be able to use 5" 25 drives, since the BIOS here is limited to a single 3.5" 1.44MB drive. And I would not recommend using USB floppy drives. They are dumb and crappy, one even streched my disk. Also, they're limited to 1.44 disks, so no 720K or DMF disks.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

ZmeyKolbasnik wrote:A Russian CD of Windows 2000 (Legit)
Not all - Windows 95 install Floppies 3"5 (English): For computers with no OS - not even DOS
Windows 95 5"25 Install Floppies (English)
Office 95/97 3"5 Floppies (English)
I lost the Win2K CD and I don't have a floppy reader to dump these floppies
Maybe you can consider lending your floppies to a fellow BA member with a proper drive/kryoflux and get them dumped (and scanned) properly? I think that would be much appreciated to get good dumps from those originals.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

haroldas.velioniskis wrote: Well, what he said wasn't that stupid. There is no 5.25" floppy drives with USB interface (well, you can use Kryoflux but that's an expensive option)
And he probably thought you can only have a 5.25" drive in a really old computer so you will have to use 3.5" disk to transfer data from 5.25" and use USB device to transfer the data to your PC. However, that's not true. Any PC that has a standard floppy controller can handle both 5.25" and 3.5" drives at the same time (A&B). So you can plug your drive there and dump it straigh. But if you have one of those computers from late 2000s, like my Dell from 2005 you may not be able to use 5" 25 drives, since the BIOS here is limited to a single 3.5" 1.44MB drive. And I would not recommend using USB floppy drives. They are dumb and crappy, one even streched my disk. Also, they're limited to 1.44 disks, so no 720K or DMF disks.
If he has a 5.25" drive then he can image the disks directly, so I don't see the point of complicating things with 3.5" drives and whatnot. If he doesn't, then perhaps sending the disks to a fellow member who has such a drive is an option. Or buying a drive off eBay.

And yes, if you want quality hardware that works, avoid USB floppy drives.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

ZmeyKolbasnik

Post by ZmeyKolbasnik »

I am glad this interested somebody.
I am on vacation, when i get home, i will post a photo of the Windows 95 5.25 disks.

Do you have Windows 95 5.25 on your FTP?

What else do i have:

Windows XP SP3 VL Russian - custom installer (Pirated)
Windows XP SP0 and Office 2003 English/Russian (Legit?)
I speak Russian as my main language, so excuse me for the grammar mistakes I make.
I love collecting rare Windows/just Windows releases/betas. Some rare versions not on old-dos will be reuploaded there

Overdoze

Post by Overdoze »

ZmeyKolbasnik wrote:Do you have Windows 95 5.25 on your FTP?

Windows XP SP3 VL Russian - custom installer (Pirated)
Windows XP SP0 and Office 2003 English/Russian (Legit?)
There is a copy of 5.25" Windows 95 English on the FTP, but apparently it's an upgrade version. It's also not an original dump, so either way your copy would be appreciated.

As far as XP stuff goes, that custom installer thing is pretty much ineligible for FTP right away, as we don't accept such things. For the second one, if it's legit, it could be interesting.
All roads lead to Neptune™

KRNL386 - my site about retro computing | My site about Windows 1.0 | My blog | 86Box Manager | LeakDB - list of PC OS warez leaks

ZmeyKolbasnik

Post by ZmeyKolbasnik »

Lock this topic because my mind was messing with me.
I do not have Windows 95 5.25". But i have Windows 95 3.5" For distribution with a new PC: It includes 3 bootdisks and 13 installation floppies. Disk 9 and 11 need to be found

Damian9303
Permanently Banned

Post by Damian9303 »

ZmeyKolbasnik wrote:Lock this topic because my mind was messing with me.
I do not have Windows 95 5.25". But i have Windows 95 3.5" For distribution with a new PC: It includes 3 bootdisks and 13 installation floppies. Disk 9 and 11 need to be found
No need to do that all because you did a single mess-up as you can still supply the other stuff you mentioned. Also, for the Windows XP SP3 VL Russian - custom installer (Pirated), how in what way is it modified and can you provide pictures of the modifications too? If you try hard enough, you can mess with it and make it legit enough to the point where you could upload it. Also 9/11 floppies lol