Delete downloaded iOS 8.4.1 Update on iOS 7.0.4 iPod touch

Discuss all iOS versions.
carmellolb

Delete downloaded iOS 8.4.1 Update on iOS 7.0.4 iPod touch

Post by carmellolb »

Delete downloaded iOS 8.4.1 Update on iOS 7.0.4 iPod touch.
I bought an iPod touch that I saw had iOS 7 on it on eBay, and sure enough, it had 7.0.4. I was happy, except that I noticed that iOS 8.4.1 had already downloaded and was ready to install. I do not want to update this device to that, even though 8.4.1 is not the latest either. I want 7.0.4, and I want that red notification circle off of my Settings icon, and off of the General icon in Settings, and the Software Update icon. I have also noticed that the update bugs me to install sometimes, and I have just had enough! When I go into Settings/General/Usage though, I find nothing mentioning iOS 8.4.1 in there, even after digging the whole section. I do not want to restore from a backup. Please tell me if there is any way to just delete the update and, if possible, prevent more from downloading? Also, please do not tell me to jailbreak it, as that is not anything I want. I do have iTunes on my PC, but I do not want to do a backup. Please help, ASAP!

carmellolb

Re: Delete downloaded iOS 8.4.1 Update on iOS 7.0.4 iPod tou

Post by carmellolb »

TuneableSumo876 wrote:http://www.redmondpie.com/disable-block ... -required/

Hope this helps.
The site redirected me to something else, but I fished through the web and eventually found a copy of the tvOS 10 profile, and installed it. But, when installed, after restart, it still showed the update inside Software Update and still said Install Now. I think that trick doesn’t work because the update is already downloaded! But I can’t delete it because I can’t find it! And I know it is downloaded because it says Install Now, not Download and Install.

electimon

Post by electimon »

You can just jailbreak and install a tweak for that.

carmellolb

Post by carmellolb »

electimon wrote:You can just jailbreak and install a tweak for that.
Unfortunately, the only jailbreak available for it is Evasi0n7 but it needs you to have previously restored/updated through iTunes, not OTA, and the seller updated it from iOS 6 to iOS 7 through OTA. Plus, the jailbreak app gives me a server error anyway. Unless there is any other Untethered jailbreak for iOS 7.0.4, then jailbreaks wouldn’t work.

ThePreAlpha
Donator

Post by ThePreAlpha »

If you've only used OTA upgrades, please try using

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/#!woFhVKSA!MimClsE_spzCQVDEOpHTURGC_8d21KYlFUcyyGKO-yQ
let me know if it works
grumpy

TuneableSumo876

Post by TuneableSumo876 »

Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Contents and Settings - should delete the OTA updates. Then you'll need to reinstall that tvOS profile.

Gnome
Donator

Post by Gnome »

Outside of the forums scope, use google.

Locked.