[OFFER] Switchboard Prototype Firmware

Discuss all iOS versions.
Damian9303
Permanently Banned

[OFFER] Switchboard Prototype Firmware

Post by Damian9303 »

Hello, I have a list of Switchboard prototypes I got from trading with two people that had a bunch of different firmwares at once. Here is the list and if BetaArchive wants them, I'll PM someone who is willing to upload it for me and give them the download link because:
1) I don't want to link the links here and have every individual on the internet to have these like. This was how I was able to get the Alpine 1.0 firmware which came from an old forum page on here that had a working link.
2) I have no computer at the moment to use as I'm not allowed to use my parents computer so I got only a iPad :(

Here is the list:
iPhone 3GS - 4.0 (8A2180g)
iPhone 3Gs - 5.1 (9B3176n)
iPhone 4 - 4.0 (8A133)
iPhone 4 - 4.0 (8A2180g)
iPhone 4 - 5.1 (9B3176n)
iPad 2 - 4.3 (8F3191d)
iPhone 4S - 6.0 (10A23941a)
iPhone 5S - 7.0 (11A24580o)
iPhone 6 - 8.0 (12A93311h)
iPhone 6 - 8.0 (12A9365o)
iPhone 6S - 9.0 (13A93051l) [includes iBEC/iBSS]
iPhone 6S - 9.0 (13A93051l) [without iBEC/iBSS]
iPhone 7 - 10.0 (14A93012r)
I might also this soon: iPad mini 2 - 7.1 (11D167)

TuneableSumo876

Re: [OFFER] Switchboard Prototype Firmware

Post by TuneableSumo876 »

I am definitely interested in this. Got any screenshots?

The iPhone 4S one is particularly interesting for me; I'd be willing to dig out my old 4S to test the SwitchBoard firmware on it. How would I go about flashing the iPhone with SwitchBoard?
Last edited by TuneableSumo876 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Resident007

Post by Resident007 »

I got interested with 3Gs and 5S firmwares, can I get it?

winbeta.com

Post by winbeta.com »

I am interested in the firmware of iPhone 4s and iPhone 5s. 4s is the first multicore processor equipped iPhone and 5s became the first 64bit iPhone. There is such a thing and I am very interested in this firmware. I am also interested in the firmware of other iPhones...

Thanks!

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

Offtopic Comment
TuneableSumo876 wrote: If it isn't legal then I don't want it.
Well clearly this is the wrong site for you then.
And yes, all these firmwares, if legit would be very interesting to look at.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

TuneableSumo876

[Delete this post. Thanks.]
Last edited by TuneableSumo876 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Damian9303
Permanently Banned

Post by Damian9303 »

TuneableSumo876 wrote:Got any screenshots?
Here's it operating on a iPhone 3GS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzS7MsOwrtU

TuneableSumo876

Cool. Does the interface look the same/similar on newer versions of SwitchBoard?

And why would Apple build a completely different OS for testing if they could simply use iOS with a few apps that use private APIs and such to test hardware?

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

TuneableSumo876 wrote:And why would Apple build a completely different OS for testing if they could simply use iOS with a few apps that use private APIs and such to test hardware?
I am pretty sure that's iOS with a custom user interface.
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

TuneableSumo876 wrote: And why would Apple build a completely different OS for testing if they could simply use iOS with a few apps that use private APIs and such to test hardware?
AlphaBeta is correct. It's essentially iOS with a different interface, and a few apps that use private APIs and such to test hardware.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

q3hardcore

Post by q3hardcore »

Most, if not all, of these would be filesystem dumps, not firmware.
---

Unknownz21

Post by Unknownz21 »

Interesting. I actually have most of these firmwares myself, as well as a lot of other internal stuff.

What exactly are you trying to do here though, make them public or what?

benjmole

Post by benjmole »

Unknownz21 wrote:Interesting. I actually have most of these firmwares myself, as well as a lot of other internal stuff.

I've seen these offered on here a few times over the years - nobody has ever delivered. OP, feel free to PM me a link and I can upload to FTP.

Damian9303
Permanently Banned

Post by Damian9303 »

Unknownz21 wrote:Interesting. I actually have most of these firmwares myself, as well as a lot of other internal stuff.

Public to the BetaArchive FTP only. I want to give them for FTP access but I also don't want them to be worth nothing.
Last edited by Damian9303 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

But what exactly is this Switchboard? All I can find about is it being an AppStore for Apple employees... We don't carry iOS firmwares on the FTP anymore so if these are to end up on the FTP it has to be for a good reason, such as it being a developer firmware, tools etc.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

mrpijey wrote:But what exactly is this Switchboard? All I can find about is it being an AppStore for Apple employees... We don't carry iOS firmwares on the FTP anymore so if these are to end up on the FTP it has to be for a good reason, such as it being a developer firmware, tools etc.
https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Swit ... App_Store)
https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/SwitchBoard.app <- this is what these firmwares contain
Confusing, I know. And yes, I think these should be preserved on the FTP, as all these contain a variety of internal testing utilities meant for factory or other test use.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

so they are what, regular firmwares but with the Switchboard app preinstalled?
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

mrpijey wrote:so they are what, regular firmwares but with the Switchboard app preinstalled?
Yes, these internal/factory builds would boot directly to SwitchBoard if flashed on a device. In fact, SpringBoard (the normal home screen) and the regular apps aren't present at all.

Tripcreator

Post by Tripcreator »

nice one
spent weeks looking for some of them would be awesome if at least anyone delivers (got an EVT iphone prototype with switchboard lying around to play with xD)

LUNOTech

Post by LUNOTech »

Would anyone be interested in watchOS SwitchBoard firmwares? Got hold of a watchOS 2.1 Build 13S96610d Restore Bundle for the first generation. Not sure of its usability, but could be useful in the future.

Wheatley
Donator

Post by Wheatley »

LUNOTech wrote:Would anyone be interested in watchOS SwitchBoard firmwares? Got hold of a watchOS 2.1 Build 13S96610d Restore Bundle for the first generation. Not sure of its usability, but could be useful in the future.
Definitely.

LUNOTech

Post by LUNOTech »

Wheatley wrote:
LUNOTech wrote:Would anyone be interested in watchOS SwitchBoard firmwares? Got hold of a watchOS 2.1 Build 13S96610d Restore Bundle for the first generation. Not sure of its usability, but could be useful in the future.
Definitely.
If I can upload it to the FTP I will, although I’m not sure if that would qualify as original media?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

windowsawesome

Post by windowsawesome »

Pretty cool was always been kind of interested in prototypes.

thesusthing

Post by thesusthing »

nice, can i have the ipad ones?

btw anyone got apple tv switchboard ipsw?