FTP - Error 530 Not logged in, access denied.

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
MrTechNews123

FTP - Error 530 Not logged in, access denied.

Post by MrTechNews123 »

I don't get this. I've updated the IP lock, regenerated my password (and made sure there were no spaces), and updated permissions a thousand times and it still doesn't work. I made sure I waited two minutes (and longer) before connecting, but I still get the following:
Status: TLS connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220-## Hello and welcome to the FTP Server!
Response: ## The uploading of copyright or illegal material is forbidden
Response: ## Auto banning is enabled - 20 wrong logins = 1 hour AUTO ban
Response: ## Server hammering will result in an auto ban
Response: ## 20 bad connections in 120 seconds = 1 hour AUTO ban
Response: ## Downloading from the upload account is not allowed, 3KB/s max
Response: ## Maximum connections per IP: See the FTP page
Response: ## SSL required. See the FTP page for information.
Response: ## Please keep all account login credentials to yourself.
Response: ## =================================
Response: ## Note!
Response: ## =================================
Response: ## Directory listing can take up to 15 seconds, sometimes
Response: ## a little longer. Please be patient and wait. You may
Response: ## need to increase your client time-out settings.
Response: 220 ## =================================
Command: USER mrtechnews123
Response: 331 Password required for mrtechnews123.
Command: PASS ***************
Response: 530 Not logged in, access denied.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server
please ignore my username i was 10.

longhornwhistler
Donator

Re: FTP - Error 530 Not logged in, access denied.

Post by longhornwhistler »

Relock your IP, wait 2 minutes then reset your password and wait another 2 minutes.
"Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations." - Steve Jobs

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZBjx ... C1dNISF8ZQ

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

If your IP address changes regularly or you are behind some kind of ISP load balancer then you may find that your IP lock is immediately invalid. Check on the servers page to see if it matches the locked IP.

MrTechNews123

Post by MrTechNews123 »

Thanks for the help; sorry for the late reply. I am not familiar with any sort of load balancer, so I doubt that's the case, and after 4 days the IP address is the same (I still updated the IP lock, however).

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

In that case, you're entering the wrong username or the wrong password. Try typing them both manually.

MrTechNews123

Post by MrTechNews123 »

Ok, so the IP actually changed just now. I tried with no success. But I will try your suggestion.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Remember that they are case sensitive.

MrTechNews123

Post by MrTechNews123 »

OK. I re-entered the username and password twice, but it didn't seem to work. However, my IP address is constantly changing. It changed again since last time.

And nope. I also generated a new password and typed that manually too.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

I have changed your account so that your IP lock is open. Do NOT click IP lock or it will reset this and you won't be able to connect again. I don't want to have to keep changing this for you. Only click the password button.

See if this works, and if it does, then you are likely behind an ISP that uses NAT or load balancing.

MrTechNews123

Post by MrTechNews123 »

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly. I can see all the directories and I am able to download. Is there anything I should do? Or know about?

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Great! That's it then. Download away.

Strummer

Post by Strummer »

Hello! I am having the same problem as the OP. I have changed encryption to Implicit, I’ve re-locked the IP address and changed passwords (and waited 2+ minutes) to no avail. I’ve also tried it under Windows and Mac (using the correct, older release of FileZilla).
I’ve just recently received access and this would be my first time signing on, I don’t have any ISP load balancer (that I know of, which is why I tried a different OS just in case). Could you perhaps lend me any help? I’d greatly appreciate it- thank you :)

Winins

Post by Winins »

Do you use FileZilla 3.48? If so, downgrade it to 3.46.
You have never seen Windows like this!
FREE Windows 3.2!
Shareware featuring an upgrade for pre-existing Windows 3.1 users and BONUS PACK
Distributed freely by PC World. March 1996

Strummer

Post by Strummer »

Winins wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:54 am
Do you use FileZilla 3.48? If so, downgrade it to 3.46.
Hi, I’m on 3.46.3 on the Mac and the 3.46 from the FTP page here for Windows. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Make sure you copy and paste your username and password and ensure there are no trailing spaces. Copy it to notepad first to check.

Strummer

Post by Strummer »

Andy wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:22 am
Make sure you copy and paste your username and password and ensure there are no trailing spaces. Copy it to notepad first to check.
Hi Andy, unfortunately still no luck. I did as you instructed, copy and pasted both user and PW, checked it in notes and still getting 530/denied error. I reset the PW and IP lock and waited at least 5 minutes prior. (thank you for your time and help with this)

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

According to the logs your IP lock isn't set the the IP address you're trying to login from. Your account is set to 69.*.*.* but the FTP sees you as 166.*.*.*

Strummer

Post by Strummer »

Andy wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:40 am
According to the logs your IP lock isn't set the the IP address you're trying to login from. Your account is set to 69.*.*.* but the FTP sees you as 166.*.*.*
My apologies I had just reset it to a VPN (figured I’d try that to see if it worked) it’s now reset back to my home IP like it was before, and is unfortunately still not working

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

The IP address is still not properly locked. Now it's showing as locked to 107.*.*.* but you're still connecting from 166.*.*.*

Strummer

Post by Strummer »

Andy wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:47 am
The IP address is still not properly locked. Now it's showing as locked to 107.*.*.* but you're still connecting from 166.*.*.*
Hm interesting. I just tried again with a fresh password and reset IP lock. I’m showing 107*.*.* for what I’m locked in as and what I’m using and to double check a what’s your IP website is also telling me 107, but no luck. Sorry for the trouble, does my last try show matching 107’s?

Strummer

Post by Strummer »

If this helps, this is what I see on my end from the FTP page- matching IP's for both locked IP and current IP. This is how it was for my last login attempt (that returned the same 530 access denied error)

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Whatever is happening your FTP client is trying to use a different IP address to your browser. Do you have a proxy set or is your VPN perhaps still active?

Strummer

Post by Strummer »

Andy wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am
Whatever is happening your FTP client is trying to use a different IP address to your browser. Do you have a proxy set or is your VPN perhaps still active?
The VPN is off and I quit out of it, I don't know anything about Proxy's so FileZilla is set to its installed defaults. I just tried again with my Windows PC (I've been primarily using the Mac) and it didn't work there either with the Windows 3.46 version of FileZilla- that machine's browser also reports back the 107 IP address on both Betaarchives FTP page and whatsmyip.org. So long/short no VPN is open or active and while I don't know much about Proxy, I haven't set anything up and I am using FileZillas default settings. Again sorry for the trouble and thank you very much for your help!

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

That's very strange. It's possible your ISP might be routing things strangely, but I have no idea why they would do that.

In Filezilla, check:
- Settings > Active mode check that the "ask your operating system for the external IP address" is set. You might also try the get external IP from following URL option and leave the Filezilla URL in there.
- Settings > FTP Proxy is set to "None"
- Settings > Generic Proxy is set to "None"

I can't see why those would be changed if it's a fresh install but it's worth checking in case your VPN changed something.

As a last resort you might try rebooting after the VPN is turned off.

Strummer

Post by Strummer »

Andy wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:56 am
That's very strange. It's possible your ISP might be routing things strangely, but I have no idea why they would do that.

In Filezilla, check:
- Settings > Active mode check that the "ask your operating system for the external IP address" is set. You might also try the get external IP from following URL option and leave the Filezilla URL in there.
- Settings > FTP Proxy is set to "None"
- Settings > Generic Proxy is set to "None"

I can't see why those would be changed if it's a fresh install but it's worth checking in case your VPN changed something.

As a last resort you might try rebooting after the VPN is turned off.
Strange indeed especially using 2 different computers with fresh FileZilla 3.46 installs. I followed the instruction that you kindly gave me above and unfortunately, the same 530 access denied error. The FTP and Generic Proxys were already at NONE as you suspected and "ask your operating system for the external IP address" was also already selected. Finally I rebooted and tried again, after that failed I set FileZilla to "get external IP" as you suggested and that also failed.I greatly appreciate the time you've already given me, if you happen to have any other solutions or ideas, id be grateful!