BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 12d, 18h, 9m | CPU: 46% | MEM: 3453MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490        Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 pm 

Favourite OS
Win7
As requested on my other Windows 95 beta post here is build 490 from the cd-r's.

I dont know if this has previously been dumped or not, so if someone could compare with existing 490 dumps.

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!wfg3xYaY!fI5VZVpHrrQ- ... Urkw8zraWo

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490        Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:15 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074, Whistler 2419
It's already on the FTP

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490        Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:32 pm 

Favourite OS
Win7
There are multiple versions of 490, have you done a file comparison?

If so which version did it match?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490        Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:48 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074, Whistler 2419
merlix wrote:
There are multiple versions of 490, have you done a file comparison?

If so which version did it match?

Hmm, it doesn't seem to match any version on the FTP. It's most similar to checked en-en build, but your build does have some files that checked build doesn't. Moreover, some files like KERNEL32.DLL have different sizes in these builds. I think you can try to upload this to FTP, but contact mrpijey before doing this.

Last edited by Resident007 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490        Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
This actually seems to be a different copy of 490 from the ones i've checked, actually. For one, it contains a WINBUG version intended for internal use only, and there's also a SCOUT.EXE program, that when run, doesn't seem to do anything visually. Would be interesting to find out what it actually does, however. Nice find! :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490        Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE
Interestingly, I found in README.TXT, "1995" is misspelled as "l995" (kower-case letter 'l'). Probably a typo or intentional?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490        Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:58 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE
Courage wrote:
This actually seems to be a different copy of 490 from the ones i've checked, actually. For one, it contains a WINBUG version intended for internal use only, and there's also a SCOUT.EXE program, that when run, doesn't seem to do anything visually. Would be interesting to find out what it actually does, however. Nice find! :)

Hi. Let me give you some hints. :P Run SCOUT.EXE with 'm' parameter. That is, run "SCOUT.EXE /M" at the command line.
Try it yourself!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490        Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:43 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Nashville 4.00.83
Running SCOUT.EXE /M in command prompt did nothing. What does it do?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490        Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:21 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE
DiskingRound wrote:
Running SCOUT.EXE /M in command prompt did nothing. What does it do?

It's a 16-bit NE file. It can't be run under 64-bit system. Try it under 32-bit Windows...

Top  Profile