[OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
merlix

[OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490

Post by merlix »

As requested on my other Windows 95 beta post here is build 490 from the cd-r's.

I dont know if this has previously been dumped or not, so if someone could compare with existing 490 dumps.

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!wfg3xYaY!fI5VZVpHrrQ- ... Urkw8zraWo

Resident007

Re: [OFFER] Microsoft Windows 95 Build 490

Post by Resident007 »

It's already on the FTP

merlix

Post by merlix »

There are multiple versions of 490, have you done a file comparison?

If so which version did it match?

Resident007

Post by Resident007 »

merlix wrote:There are multiple versions of 490, have you done a file comparison?

If so which version did it match?
Hmm, it doesn't seem to match any version on the FTP. It's most similar to checked en-en build, but your build does have some files that checked build doesn't. Moreover, some files like KERNEL32.DLL have different sizes in these builds. I think you can try to upload this to FTP, but contact mrpijey before doing this.
Last edited by Resident007 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Courage

Post by Courage »

This actually seems to be a different copy of 490 from the ones i've checked, actually. For one, it contains a WINBUG version intended for internal use only, and there's also a SCOUT.EXE program, that when run, doesn't seem to do anything visually. Would be interesting to find out what it actually does, however. Nice find! :)

sdawncl

Post by sdawncl »

Interestingly, I found in README.TXT, "1995" is misspelled as "l995" (kower-case letter 'l'). Probably a typo or intentional?

sdawncl

Post by sdawncl »

Courage wrote:This actually seems to be a different copy of 490 from the ones i've checked, actually. For one, it contains a WINBUG version intended for internal use only, and there's also a SCOUT.EXE program, that when run, doesn't seem to do anything visually. Would be interesting to find out what it actually does, however. Nice find! :)
Hi. Let me give you some hints. :P Run SCOUT.EXE with 'm' parameter. That is, run "SCOUT.EXE /M" at the command line.
Try it yourself!

DiskingRound

Post by DiskingRound »

Running SCOUT.EXE /M in command prompt did nothing. What does it do?

sdawncl

Post by sdawncl »

DiskingRound wrote:Running SCOUT.EXE /M in command prompt did nothing. What does it do?
It's a 16-bit NE file. It can't be run under 64-bit system. Try it under 32-bit Windows...