Are CD keys for required with contributions?

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
markot

Are CD keys for required with contributions?

Post by markot »

I recently bought some old software from ebay which I categorize as abandonware and would like to upload them, but CD keys are required to install them. Can software be uploaded without the keys? I would not like to give the keys to the public.

Edness
Donator

Re: Are CD keys for required with contributions?

Post by Edness »

I think only CD keys for Betas are accepted. Not for regular abandonware stuff, since that would kinda be taken as piracy, it's mostly the software that comes with it that's important, not so much the keys.
ATTENTION:
You are now reading my signature

Thank you for your attention!

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Are CD keys for required with contributions?

Post by mrpijey »

markot wrote:I recently bought some old software from ebay which I categorize as abandonware and would like to upload them, but CD keys are required to install them. Can software be uploaded without the keys? I would not like to give the keys to the public.
If the key is part of the artwork on a cover or disc then please include it, and I will edit it out before the release goes public. But otherwise no, you don't need to provide any license with the upload as the distribution of abandonware licenses are not permitted on BA for any reason, even if you own the licenses yourself.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP