Help with getting ftp access.

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
DrPiggy

Help with getting ftp access.

Post by DrPiggy »

Hello! :D i have some questions before i contribute my first dump:
1.Most of the stuff i have laying around are games from 10-15 years ago (on CDs), BUT they are not in English, but in Hebrew, will that be accepted?
2.If i only have the cd (like, the branded cd, not just a generic one), but not the box will it be accepted?
3.How will i be able to get good enough pictures of the cds, should i just take pictures of them on my phone? is that good enough? (Because scanning a CD in my scanner doesnt sound like a good idea :P)
Thank you! :D

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: Help with getting ftp access.

Post by mrpijey »

1: Yes, that's fine, but please add titles I can understand, and with latin letters.
2: Yes, that will be acceptable, but any additional content you might have should be scanned if available.
3: Scanner is best. There won't be any damage to the disc (it's only light remember), a lot of our content has been scanned and there has never been any problems.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

DrPiggy

Post by DrPiggy »

mrpijey wrote:1: Yes, that's fine, but please add titles I can understand, and with latin letters.
2: Yes, that will be acceptable, but any additional content you might have should be scanned if available.
3: Scanner is best. There won't be any damage to the disc (it's only light remember), a lot of our content has been scanned and there has never been any problems.
Ok, thank you! :D i will probably start with one of the only disks i have which is an english game :P also, i opened up the upload ftp, and it seems to be down. so ill have to wait a bit probably

DrPiggy

Post by DrPiggy »

nvm, i was accidentally using explicit ftp over tls instead of implicit, it works now, so i applyed :)