PantherXP issues

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
Schneider616

PantherXP issues

Post by Schneider616 »

As the title says, I have some problems in using PantherXP.

I successfully finished doing the legacy ISO (one thing that wasn't mentioned - you HAVE to add the i386 folder to the ISO (with MagicISO or anything like that) or else you'll get the "intelide.sys" error along with some other files - even if you manage to add most of the drivers to get it to boot - you'll get a error about being unable to format - I found that out the hard way) and have proceeded to do the WIM-based section.

Either I'm doing something wrong, but for some reason, install.wim will not mount. It says "The data is invalid." I tried mounting the winpe.WIM file and it mounted successfully.

Any ideas what to do? Here's a picture with the mentioned error.

My PCs:
PC - Intel Core i5-3470 3.6GHz,16GB RAM,500W FSP Bluestorm II PSU,2x1TB,Samsung DVD-RW drive,Windows 10 x64,Gigabyte B75M-D3H
Aspire 6930G - Intel Core 2 Duo T9400, 6GB RAM, 90W Acer charger, 1TB HDD+500GB HDD, Sony-Optiarc DVD-RW, Windows 7 x64

yourepicfailure
Donator

Re: PantherXP issues

Post by yourepicfailure »

I'm going to take a wild guess that you did not sysprep the Xp you installed, and that you then did not capture the install with the provided .cmd.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!