[OFFER] IBM VisualAge C++ Professional for AIX 4.0

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
thunderbird32

[OFFER] IBM VisualAge C++ Professional for AIX 4.0

Post by thunderbird32 »

I've recently acquired a new-in-box copy of "IBM VisualAge C++ Professional for AIX 4.0". Is this sufficiently interesting to anyone that I should upload it to the FTP?

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [OFFER] IBM VisualAge C++ Professional for AIX 4.0

Post by mrpijey »

Anything original and retail is worth preserving as we are a preservation community, so yeah, dump, scan, pack it up and send it our way and we'll add it to the FTP :). AIX software is also kind of unusual and rare so yeah, it would be interesting to save.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

thunderbird32

Post by thunderbird32 »

As I'm scanning the CDs, I'm noticing that the plastic sleeves they are stored in have decomposed and left residue on them. Anyone have any ideas how to get it off? I'm guessing rubbing alcohol, but I don't have any currently. I'm going to try to get that off before I upload. If anyone is particularly eager to get this software let me know, and I'll upload to Mega immediately.

Also, side-note: I wish companies hadn't shipped CDs in these sleeves. My copy of Solaris 2.6 was similarly effected, but not as badly. At least it doesn't seem to cause damage to the disks.

Darkstar
Donator

Post by Darkstar »

A mixture of pure isopropanol and water (I use 70:30) will work just fine. It might need some rubbing but it's safer than various other cleaning liquids that you can buy in the shops.

Alternatively you can also use window cleaner (I used it in the past to clean floppies and CDs) but there might be some that contain more aggressive stuff so you might want to try that on a non-important CD first
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

thunderbird32

Post by thunderbird32 »

Thanks, Darkstar! Rubbing alcohol worked beautify.

Uploaded to the FTP.