[OFFER] Fate of Atlantis disk images (VGA version)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
markot

[OFFER] Fate of Atlantis disk images (VGA version)

Post by markot »

Are you interested about getting the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis VGA version to your collection? The disk images have full the installer. I only have the disk images.

Ludacris
Donator

Re: [OFFER] Fate of Atlantis disk images (VGA version)

Post by Ludacris »

They are only accepted if they are proper dumps of original disks - I once uploaded a full batch of Lucasfilm Games and they were rejected because they were no "proper dumps" (according to the forum rules)

markot

Post by markot »

Got also information from administrator that they already have this, so it would not be necessary to upload it anyway twice. For software preservation purposes I fully understand that the software must be properly dumped. For example, if you only copy files from a CD-ROM and send them as a file archive instead of a raw image, there may be missing data what may make it unusable. A missing or wrong label of a CD-ROM may make some programs unusable. Or changed timestamps on files may make them not to work. Not very common, but I have seen programs that have had this kind of problems.

vicvan

Post by vicvan »

@markot

I also used to upload proper dumped image of Indy 4 (3.5" English-USA), but rejected.
At least, uploaded image are modified on Disk 2 / 3, but there is no problem to fix it.
In my opinion, you don't have to offer 3.5" Indy4 (English-USA).

I've also checked uploaded image of 5.25" on ftp, which is not not dumped from original media correctly.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

It's not just about a proper dump. If you don't provide any additional artwork, or better dump and artwork then it will be rejected. Even if we have a release a new one can be accepted if it replaces the old one.

So if you believe you got a better copy, or can provide better scans, of Indy 4 or any other game send it up and I will review it, and if it's good add it to the FTP.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

markot

Post by markot »

When talking about Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, I once got from Bill Eaken a copy of his artwork.

Please have a look at the following link, you will know what I mean. If you don't have these images archived, I would recommend to download them. They are much better quality that you will get if trying to scan a game box.

http://www.thevideogamegallery.com/info ... f-atlantis

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

I already have a set of artwork, what I need is a set from YOUR copy. I am not going to mix and match artwork from different releases and sources. So what I need is a better set of artwork, 600/1200dpi PNG or TIF, manual covers, copy protection wheel, floppies and all sides of the boxcover.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

vicvan

Post by vicvan »

@markot

I wonder your dumped game is for 5.25" or 3.5" floppy media.

I have both 3.5" and 5.25" floppy media. (Of course all of my dumped disk images are verified.)