[OFFER] GO PenPoint OS

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
ArtiomWin

[OFFER] GO PenPoint OS

Post by ArtiomWin »

Aside from requests, I also have an offer.
Few weeks ago, while I was finding disks for Thinkpad 770, I've found PenPoint OS disks for Thinkpad 730T. They include PenPoint OS itself and some software (GO Fax, GO Mail and MHS Link for GO Mail). If you interested, I'll put a link to file at Mega.nz later.

haroldas.velioniskis
Donator

Re: [OFFER] GO PenPoint OS

Post by haroldas.velioniskis »

I'm really interersted. I would love to try running it in VirtualBox, since it's x86.

ArtiomWin

Post by ArtiomWin »

haroldas.velioniskis wrote:I'm really interersted. I would love to try running it in VirtualBox, since it's x86.
Here you are: https://mega.nz/#!gIsx3SRR!jgL9lrlTPgHf ... uIxq89U1Fk

But: 1. This OS was created specially for tablets so it might not work with mouse and keyboard.
2. This concrete version is for IBM Thinkpad 730T (there was no clear OEM version) so there'll be problems with running on Virtualbox (actually I wasn't able to launch it on 86box).

If you want it to FTP, please tell me. It doesn't have scans of floppies, as for documentation, there's manual (but unfortunately, this is scan of photocopy, not original).

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

If you could scan the floppies and associated documentation (front/back covers at least) that would be great as we then can archive this one properly.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

ArtiomWin

Post by ArtiomWin »

mrpijey wrote:If you could scan the floppies and associated documentation (front/back covers at least) that would be great as we then can archive this one properly.
I would like to do it, but as i wrote, I've downloaded these disks, but I don't have actual copy. This archive was without proper scans and was put to my account on Mega.nz as is. I'm sorry.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Ah ok. Well, members can verify it then and if it's good we'll put it on the FTP.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP