Can I use Intel HD Graphics 4600 with Windows 8 CP?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
winbeta.com

Can I use Intel HD Graphics 4600 with Windows 8 CP?

Post by winbeta.com »

Can I use Intel HD Graphics 4600 with Windows 8 Consumer Preview? I installed the device driver, but the screen flickers. Is there a workaround? Or is there a way to install it correctly?

Thanks!

LangsamSpieler

Re: Can I use Intel HD Graphics 4600 with Windows 8 CP?

Post by LangsamSpieler »

You can set up the Image frequenzy from you Display, set it on the highest.
416175:38 BetaArchive Registration
416176:06 First BetaArchive Post
4251811:32 Archive Access Granted

JackArchive

Post by JackArchive »

LangsamSpieler wrote:You can set up the Image frequenzy from you Display, set it on the highest.
Pretty much. Screen flickering is usually caused by a frequency expectancy mismatch between the signal and the monitor. Depending on your region, 50 cycles (PAL) or 60 cycles (NTSC) are common refresh rates. Sometimes computer monitors prefer higher frequencies, so just set it to a higher refresh rate but don't try to set the rate too high as that might cause damage to the monitor. Just set it to the point it doesn't flicker and you should be good. If that doesn't fix the problem, try changing the resolution of the signal since some resolutions can only work at certain frequencies. Also check for connection problems either on the monitor's or computer's port or even internally in the display cable if changing resolutions doesn't work assuming your monitor does function normally.
-=JackArchive=-
Preserving since the last time we all partied like it's 1999...

winbeta.com

Post by winbeta.com »

JackArchive wrote:
LangsamSpieler wrote:You can set up the Image frequenzy from you Display, set it on the highest.
Pretty much. Screen flickering is usually caused by a frequency expectancy mismatch between the signal and the monitor. Depending on your region, 50 cycles (PAL) or 60 cycles (NTSC) are common refresh rates. Sometimes computer monitors prefer higher frequencies, so just set it to a higher refresh rate but don't try to set the rate too high as that might cause damage to the monitor. Just set it to the point it doesn't flicker and you should be good. If that doesn't fix the problem, try changing the resolution of the signal since some resolutions can only work at certain frequencies. Also check for connection problems either on the monitor's or computer's port or even internally in the display cable if changing resolutions doesn't work assuming your monitor does function normally.
Thank you for reply! However, since my display is a liquid crystal display, I can not set the frequency... furthe , I would appreciate it if there is a way to working the Intel HD 4600 on Windows 8 Consumer Preview...

Thanks!