JoeJoe.org

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
Kobi

JoeJoe.org

Post by Kobi »

Hello
Does anybody have the forum backup of the JoeJoe.org back from 2007? This was the site where the Longhorn Reloaded project was created.

ovctvct

Re: JoeJoe.org

Post by ovctvct »

No, but check your PM. LH reloaded went down because of a C&D from microsoft.
Last edited by ovctvct on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kobi

Post by Kobi »

I actually do not need the Longhorn reloaded iso, I was talking about the forum dump. There were lots of interesting topics there. And also the original discussion about the Longhorn Reloaded.

dj_cityboy

Post by dj_cityboy »

I might be able to assist with that... let me talk with some of the other Admins from back in the day and give me a few days, unless someone else can provide it to you sooner. I would say Wayback, but that really doesn't include everything...

I just need to confirm a dump was created just before it all went to "heck in a hand basket" lol and if so I can do my best to get it to you.

peas
cityboy

TinaMeineKatze

Post by TinaMeineKatze »

I'd be glad if you could do that, dj_cityboy. There's a lot of nostalgic memories linked to joejoe.org.

veso266

Post by veso266 »

Hi if anyone still has Longhorn Reloaded First and Second release please send them to me (would like to try them)

Kobi

Post by Kobi »

dj_cityboy wrote:I might be able to assist with that... let me talk with some of the other Admins from back in the day and give me a few days, unless someone else can provide it to you sooner. I would say Wayback, but that really doesn't include everything...

I just need to confirm a dump was created just before it all went to "heck in a hand basket" lol and if so I can do my best to get it to you.

peas
cityboy
Thank you for helping :) The joejoe.org forum got me to the beta scene so it is also a bit nostalgic to me.

dj_cityboy

Post by dj_cityboy »

yeah man, I found the old BA and then AXP and then joejoe.org it was the only community I felt comfortable in and was "accepted" for who I was rather than being treated like a newb - that place will always have a special place in my heart I am still friends with a lot of people from the site and cherish their friendships.

I have reached out to cr1t1cal as well as joe and neither of them have any back-ups... some of the old admins I have lost contact with and some I cant be bothered contacting, lol

*still working on it but it looks slim right now

peas
cityboy

LuLu
Permanently Banned

Post by LuLu »

good old days :(

anyone remember JackHard and his vystal2008 ? :D
he even did work on win32 shell modifications like double sided taskbar with centered start menu, which looked cool

dj_cityboy

Post by dj_cityboy »

yeah sorry guys, this isn't going to be possible, at least I tried. Wayback is more than likely the only option.

peas
cityboy