BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 10d, 7h, 37m | CPU: 21% | MEM: 1930MB of 5339MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 10 Enterprise Retail?        Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Serenity
Guys, what happened here.

Please, can somebody explain it? It appears I have Enterprise in OEM/Retail channel? Is that why I wasn't able to install 15063?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 10 Enterprise Retail?        Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:34 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
Appreciate it. It will allow you to disable Telemetry via Group Policy. But Enterprise is only in the Volume channel, so I don't know.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 10 Enterprise Retail?        Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:18 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Serenity
AS95678 wrote:
Appreciate it. It will allow you to disable Telemetry via Group Policy. But Enterprise is only in the Volume channel, so I don't know.

But I wasn't able to do any of the updates (Creators Update + newer for that build.), leaving me with Anniversary Update.

Offtopic Comment
I formatted the disk and installed Pro

I didn't realised about group policies... Forgot about it...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 10 Enterprise Retail?        Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:45 am 

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074 & 8 9200
Try to finish that product key. It only 8HV2C so far, you need more digits. e.g. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 10 Enterprise Retail?        Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:59 am 
Administrator

Eh, what? It only shows part of the key so you can identify it, doesn't have anything to do with how long the key is (as Windows would not accept anything else).

Listings: Online :: Offline

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 10 Enterprise Retail?        Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:53 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Serenity
mrpijey wrote:
Windows8Lover wrote:
Try to finish that product key. It only 8HV2C so far, you need more digits. e.g. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Eh, what? It only shows part of the key so you can identify it, doesn't have anything to do with how long the key is (as Windows would not accept anything else).

It says that this is the part of the key. So as mrpijey said - just for recognision.

I discovered why I have Enterprise by accident. It seems that what was used to install the Windows was 10 Pro installation media, with Enterprise key.

I installed Pro in my virtual machine setup and changed key to mine, from my laptop - effect was the same. But It is only scenario to obtain that string, or you could the Enterprise could be also released for OEMs in that channel?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 10 Enterprise Retail?        Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:13 am 

Favourite OS
windows
it is use COA license, it is deployed by OEM!

Top  Profile