Windows 10 Enterprise Retail?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Venetik
Donator

Windows 10 Enterprise Retail?

Post by Venetik »

Guys, what happened here.

Please, can somebody explain it? It appears I have Enterprise in OEM/Retail channel? Is that why I wasn't able to install 15063?
Well, hello friends!

AS95678

Re: Windows 10 Enterprise Retail?

Post by AS95678 »

Appreciate it. It will allow you to disable Telemetry via Group Policy. But Enterprise is only in the Volume channel, so I don't know.

Venetik
Donator

Post by Venetik »

AS95678 wrote:Appreciate it. It will allow you to disable Telemetry via Group Policy. But Enterprise is only in the Volume channel, so I don't know.
But I wasn't able to do any of the updates (Creators Update + newer for that build.), leaving me with Anniversary Update.
Offtopic Comment
I formatted the disk and installed Pro
I didn't realised about group policies... Forgot about it...
Well, hello friends!

Windows8Lover

Post by Windows8Lover »

Try to finish that product key. It only 8HV2C so far, you need more digits. e.g. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Eh, what? It only shows part of the key so you can identify it, doesn't have anything to do with how long the key is (as Windows would not accept anything else).
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Venetik
Donator

Post by Venetik »

mrpijey wrote:
Windows8Lover wrote:Try to finish that product key. It only 8HV2C so far, you need more digits. e.g. XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Eh, what? It only shows part of the key so you can identify it, doesn't have anything to do with how long the key is (as Windows would not accept anything else).
It says that this is the part of the key. So as mrpijey said - just for recognision.

I discovered why I have Enterprise by accident. It seems that what was used to install the Windows was 10 Pro installation media, with Enterprise key.

I installed Pro in my virtual machine setup and changed key to mine, from my laptop - effect was the same. But It is only scenario to obtain that string, or you could the Enterprise could be also released for OEMs in that channel?
Well, hello friends!

SkyPlant

Post by SkyPlant »

it is use COA license, it is deployed by OEM!