BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 10d, 7h, 32m | CPU: 46% | MEM: 1902MB of 8095MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:20 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222 B
Hello again,

I would like to attempt to provide another offer and this time I found two more software discs I found that might be of better interest and that I could also properly provide some proofs.

For this first one I can assume Microsoft Office XP Small Business is already made available in the FTP because after searching the forums a Hungarian version exists and I bet there's an English version aside it as well, however I would be glad to provide the English version if none exists (Microsoft Office XP Small Business (Version 2002) (2001-03-06) [English]). But I was wondering if the addendum disc that came with mine also exists and if not is it possible for me to upload it?

Microsoft Office XP Media Content (Version 2002) (2001-02-20) [English]

This disc simply just adds more clip arts, GIFs, sound effects, etc. to use alongside an existing Office XP installation. Now excuse me if I made this one sound a bit tedious or that it's something that almost adds no value, but since it's part of the Office XP suite I would give it a consideration.

Now the other thing I would love to offer, but unfortunately might be unable to unveil enough details well until June or July because it's located in storage somewhere on the Caribbean (Apologies, but I'm trying not to provide high levels of in-depth location details), is my copy of Norton 2000 in Spanish.

Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2000 (Version 6.0) (1999) [Spanish]

I have also made another forum search and found some mentions of the English version previously offered from a warez CD. Mine is a legitimate copy of the software from when it probably came out and still has the manual and the other contents that came with it. Unfortunately, this disc was a pretty tough one for me to put into a disc image (Probably some kind of copy protection?) after doing many attempts using different software with unsuccessful results and by the time I was getting the hang of it last year I had to go to my flight back home and I forgot to bring the box with me. I'm unsure if Alcohol 120% would circumvent this problem, but if it does then I guess this might be a fair addition to the FTP once I get back there and do a proper dump.

As I said in my previous offering, I am still pretty new to BetaArchive and since I can't really check if the FTP has these I'm gonna have to rely on one of you to let me know if these already exist or not.

I will provide more details on that Office XP extras disc as soon as there's interest, but I'm not sure if there would be any patience for the Norton one.

Thanks.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:38 am 
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2000 (Version 6.0) (1999) [Spanish] isn't on the FTP and we have the english version of microsoft office xp

PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:20 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Scatman wrote:
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2000 (Version 6.0) (1999) [Spanish] isn't on the FTP and we have the english version of microsoft office xp

Thanks for letting me know. I would also assume by "English version of Microsoft Office XP" you also mean that the media extra disc also exists in there as well?

As for the Norton AntiVirus in Spanish, I could get someone who has access to that storage to send the box along with the disc to me by post so hopefully all those months of waiting can be cut into about a week or two. I would be glad to share more information about it as soon as it arrives and I'll try to get some better scans this time. While at it, if the same issues occur with putting the CD into a disc image, we can discuss a strategic plan for Alcohol on how to circumvent whatever wasn't letting me do it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:19 pm 

JackArchive wrote:
As for the Norton AntiVirus in Spanish, I could get someone who has access to that storage to send the box along with the disc to me by post so hopefully all those months of waiting can be cut into about a week or two. I would be glad to share more information about it as soon as it arrives and I'll try to get some better scans this time. While at it, if the same issues occur with putting the CD into a disc image, we can discuss a strategic plan for Alcohol on how to circumvent whatever wasn't letting me do it.

I have the original NAV6.0 Spanish CD too, but i don't have the software box, documentation and CD case. If you get the box but you still have problems imaging the disc, i can do it and upload the disc image in Alcohol format to some file host server (plus a scan of the disc from were it was taken), as i have all the required tools to do it installed in my PC, and an nice older Plextor DVD drive to dump it. Then we can share the credits for the upload as a whole.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:39 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Hyoenmadan86 wrote:
JackArchive wrote:

I have the original NAV6.0 Spanish CD too, but i don't have the software box, documentation and CD case. If you get the box but you still have problems imaging the disc, i can do it and upload the disc image in Alcohol format to some file host server (plus a scan of the disc from were it was taken), as i have all the required tools to do it installed in my PC, and an nice older Plextor DVD drive to dump it. Then we can share the credits for the upload as a whole.

Does that mean we can both apply for FTP access as a result? If so, this sounds like a great idea! It's always better to do things as a team. You will dump and scan the disc and I will send mrpijey the raw box and documentation scans in which he will send me back the final images and we will 7zip/RAR everything up for the FTP. I'm gonna need about a week to get that box here and by then we can get moving.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:55 pm 
JackArchive wrote:
Hyoenmadan86 wrote:
JackArchive wrote:

Does that mean we can both apply for FTP access as a result? If so, this sounds like a great idea! It's always better to do things as a team. You will dump and scan the disc and I will send mrpijey the raw box and documentation scans in which he will send me back the final images and we will 7zip/RAR everything up for the FTP. I'm gonna need about a week to get that box here and by then we can get moving.

only one of you can submit the one thing.. and it is missing the media disc

PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:38 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Scatman wrote:

I'm not sure who's gonna do the Norton AV, so it's up to either the administrators or the other offerer to decide.

Last edited by JackArchive on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:49 pm 
Administrator

Before I put anything on the FTP I need a complete set, I am not going to mix and match from different sources unless there's absolute 150% proof that they are part of the same set, year, version, edition, publisher, anything... so if any of you got the complete set then upload all of it please so I can put it online as a complete set.

Listings: Online :: Offline

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:14 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
mrpijey wrote:
Before I put anything on the FTP I need a complete set, I am not going to mix and match from different sources unless there's absolute 150% proof that they are part of the same set, year, version, edition, publisher, anything... so if any of you got the complete set then upload all of it please so I can put it online as a complete set.

You do have a point there. I am the one here with the complete set (That is I got nearly all of the original material intact), so I guess it's up to me. Hope you are able to wait a week for me to get the contents and I'll PM you the raw scans so you can do any adjustments necessary and send them back to me by which then the rest will be done.

Last edited by JackArchive on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:17 am 

Scatman wrote:

Meh... That's not true, or BA wouldn't be searching for missing scans and documentation. Please inform you better dude, before starting to speak nonsense.

mrpijey wrote:

He has the complete set, but he's having trouble imaging the disc, and seems he can't use Alcohol or isn't allowed to install it (OP, please confirm if i understood you right or not) so i was only offering a way to get the best disc image for the archive (using my hardware and my full working Alcohol 120% copy) for which i don't have CD case, nor docs or the software box. Also, i don't have any problem if only he can get/apply FTP access. Is more important get a proper MDF of the software intro the FTP for preservation.

Last edited by Hyoenmadan86 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:21 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Hyoenmadan86 wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Meh... That's not true, or BA wouldn't be searching for missing scans and documentation. Please inform you better dude, before starting to speak nonsense.

Yeah, I was a bit confused on what he said. Also, should we PM each other next week to make sure we have a 1:1 match on our CDs to see if we can split the job and we can probably both get access? mrpijey just said he doesn't want any minuscule mix-ups.
mrpijey wrote:
I am not going to mix and match from different sources unless there's absolute 150% proof that they are part of the same set, year, version, edition, publisher, anything...

If he's still not amused about the team-up idea, then I guess it's just up to me to do the double-duty.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:32 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Hyoenmadan86 wrote:
He has the complete set, but he's having trouble imaging the disc, and seems he can't use Alcohol or isn't allowed to install it (OP, please confirm if i understood you right or not) so i was only offering a way to get the best disc image for the archive (using my hardware and my full working Alcohol 120% copy) for which i don't have CD case, nor docs or the software box. Also, i don't have any problem if only he can get/apply FTP access. Is more important get a proper MDF of the software intro the FTP for preservation.

I had trouble imaging the disc using other software. I was not aware of using Alcohol until I just got to BA and I'm pretty sure Alcohol will be able to circumvent what wasn't letting me dump it last year after me finding out its bypassing schemes after making some test dumps. Yes, Alcohol works fine on my Windows 7 x64 7601 installation so hakuna matata. But if the dump still fails, we will both verify our CDs if they're identical by which then we will both contribute cooperatively.

Last edited by JackArchive on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:36 am 

JackArchive wrote:
I had trouble imaging the disc using other software. I was not aware of Alcohol until I just got to BA and I'm pretty sure Alcohol will be able to circumvent what wasn't letting me dump it last year. Yes, Alcohol works fine on my Windows 7 x64 7601 installation so hakuna matata. But if the dump still fails, we will both verify our CDs if they're identical by which then we will both contribute cooperatively.

Oky then. You can ping me if you need anything else about this specific software package, logs or MD5 hashes to compare. Good luck with your item submit and posterior FTP access approval :-).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:53 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Update: The guy who was able to get the contents from my storage said it should arrive hopefully after this weekend. He also was kind enough to send me an image of the box so I can prove the legitimacy of the contribution for now. As I said before, I will get the scans once I come across a useable scanner so it can be finalised. Thank you all for your patience.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] Office addendum and Norton AV in Spanish        Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:52 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Update 2: I just got the contents and I got the box scanned according to the requirements and disc image dumped successfully. As of the time I wrote this, it's been sent to the public upload FTP. I have checksummed the contents in the MDF and the original disc and I am getting matches. The software does indeed launch and is installable using the MDF, so this should be OK to go. Thank you all for giving advices. ;)

Also, the naming has since been finalised:
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2000 (6.0) (1999-09-03) [Spanish]

Top  Profile