[OFFER] Fun Pack for Windows

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
JackArchive

[OFFER] Fun Pack for Windows

Post by JackArchive »

Hello,

I would like to offer this game pack I found to the BetaArchive FTP:

WayForward Fun Pack for Windows (1995) [English]

ImageImage

And no, I did not make a typography error while proofing this. Yes, this came from a company referring themselves as "WayForward Technologies". I'm assuming it's the same WayForward that later on made the Shantae video game series. This pack was published by WizardWorks and requires Windows 3.1 or any other version of Windows capable of using 16-bit programs. If requested, I will be glad to provide some more of these "scans".

I am using the "scans" term loosely since I unfortunately was unable to gather scans of a higher resolution since I do not own a scanner and was forced to use my smart phone's camera (Hence the not-to-standard examples you've seen above). The only pictures I have of it are in 8 megapixel JPEGs. I might attempt to scan some more acceptable proofs if I can borrow a good scanner, but at the moment the JPEGs I have taken are the only things I have at arm's length to serve me justice. However, I did manage to dump the disc using Alcohol 120% without any errors.

This is basically a collection of seven "games" that resemble other popular video games usually from the 1980's (An early form of "Shovelware" if you want to call it). Not sure if WayForward started out like this or if this is another separate company that coincidentally has the same name.

The list of games on it is as followed:
Blitzer - A helicopter game
Block Breaker - A Breakout clone
Chomp - A Pac Man clone
Emlith - A Tetris clone
Hyperoid - An Asteroids clone
Squash - A game from the publisher (WizardWorks)
Warhead - A clone of Missile Command

I am not sure whether this is already in the FTP archive or if content of this category is even allowed to be uploaded.

I just started in BetaArchive and a bit of assistance would be very appreciated.

Thank you.
-=JackArchive=-
Preserving since the last time we all partied like it's 1999...

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [OFFER] Fun Pack for Windows

Post by mrpijey »

Judging by the contents it looks like a standard freeware/shareware (or as you put it, shovelware) compilation disc which is something we don't archive. You're of course free to share it with the community by a public download link if you want to, but it doesn't look like something we will put on the FTP.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

JackArchive

Post by JackArchive »

mrpijey wrote:Judging by the contents it looks like a standard freeware/shareware (or as you put it, shovelware) compilation disc which is something we don't archive. You're of course free to share it with the community by a public download link if you want to, but it doesn't look like something we will put on the FTP.
Thanks for the advice. At least I managed to try.
-=JackArchive=-

iBetaTosh

Post by iBetaTosh »

While it doesn't appear that it can be uploaded to the FTP, a link to the public would be very, VERY VERY much pleasant. :D

JackArchive

Post by JackArchive »

iBetaTosh wrote:While it doesn't appear that it can be uploaded to the FTP, a link to the public would be very, VERY VERY much pleasant. :D
I would be glad to provide a download for it from my Google Drive here eventually.

Update: And here you go:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DWRS ... JxZ0E/view

Enjoy.
-=JackArchive=-