Looking for Developer Helper Volume 1 (1991)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
OldMac

Looking for Developer Helper Volume 1 (1991)

Post by OldMac »

I'm looking for the Apple "Developer Helper Volume 1- Phil and Dave's Excellent CD" specifically FLAC copies of the CD Audio tracks included on the CD. Anyone have a source?

mrpippy

Re: Looking for Developer Helper Volume 1 (1991)

Post by mrpippy »

I think this is on the FTP at /(Misc) Compilations/Apple Macintosh/Apple Developer Connection/ADC Developer CD (Volume 01 - ''Phil And Dave's Excellent CD'') (1989-04)/. It's an MDF/MDS which I assume you could extract the audio tracks from?

OldMac

Post by OldMac »

Excellent, thanks. Yes, I think I should be able to pull out the audio data one way or another.

ShadixAced

Post by ShadixAced »

mrpippy wrote:I think this is on the FTP at /(Misc) Compilations/Apple Macintosh/Apple Developer Connection/ADC Developer CD (Volume 01 - ''Phil And Dave's Excellent CD'') (1989-04)/. It's an MDF/MDS which I assume you could extract the audio tracks from?
Yup, you are right, it's on the FTP. And MDF is almost pure lossless sound, so it's like you were in !
S.A.

Releases done so far : 21
Member of Microsoft France's House of Fans (^^)

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

ShadixAced wrote:[...] And MDF is almost pure lossless sound, so it's like you were in !
Uh... "almost lossless sound"... yeah.... it's either lossless or it's not. There's no "almost" here. It is lossless as an MDF dump has not altered the original audio track (if there is one in this release). Please read up on how discs store data and how MDF dumps work.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

ShadixAced

Post by ShadixAced »

Oops, pardon my non knowledge, i only know FLAC as lossless.
S.A.

Releases done so far : 21
Member of Microsoft France's House of Fans (^^)

OldMac

Post by OldMac »

Right, the MDF will have the data as it was on the CD-Audio (so 16/44.1) so it will be "lossless" as far as from the original the CD goes because it's entirely uncompressed. I'm having a think on how to extract the audio to FLAC from MDF though without having to burn and rip a CD. I think that what I might have to do is mount the MDF with Alcohol120% and then "rip" from the mount. Not sure how EAC will play with ripping from a virtual CD drive will go though, never had to do that before. We'll find out I guess, just waiting on that FTP approval ;)