VMWare Tools and Longhorn Builds

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
roseywhite01

VMWare Tools and Longhorn Builds

Post by roseywhite01 »

Hi,

I have Longhorn builds 3718, 4074 and 5048 installed in VMWare Workstation 12 Pro. Is it possible to install VMWare Tools on Longhorn builds? I tried with 3718, by installing Windows Installer 3.5 in XP compatibility mode after unpacking the MSI and moving the enu localisation files to 'update', then running VMWare Tools with XP compatibility, and BSOD'd and rendered the OS unbootable. Is it possible to actually install the tools on any LH build?

Thanks for any response, and feel free to give me some instructions on how to do it with those specific builds. Thanks!

voidp

Re: VMWare Tools and Longhorn Builds

Post by voidp »

In case someone suggests that you try using older versions of the tools, you can find them here: https://www.thecollectionbook.info/info ... downloads/.

roseywhite01

Post by roseywhite01 »

voidp wrote:In case someone suggests that you try using older versions of the tools, you can find them here: https://www.thecollectionbook.info/info ... downloads/.
I managed to install version 6.0 of VMWare Tools, and then installed the Hounsell audio driver for VMWare in 3718 and it works perfectly fine now, thanks! I'll go and do 4074 later, though. :)

Jackdopp

Post by Jackdopp »

I've gotten VMware Tools working on 4074, after many attempts and BSODs. I didn't do anything different the time I got it working though, so maybe it's by pure chance. I don't know.

Leurak

Post by Leurak »

link now dead :(
is there any alternative site?

Whistler2419

Post by Whistler2419 »