BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 6d, 14h, 8m | CPU: % | MEM: 7788MB of 24567MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: VMWare Tools and Longhorn Builds        Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:25 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
Hi,

I have Longhorn builds 3718, 4074 and 5048 installed in VMWare Workstation 12 Pro. Is it possible to install VMWare Tools on Longhorn builds? I tried with 3718, by installing Windows Installer 3.5 in XP compatibility mode after unpacking the MSI and moving the enu localisation files to 'update', then running VMWare Tools with XP compatibility, and BSOD'd and rendered the OS unbootable. Is it possible to actually install the tools on any LH build?

Thanks for any response, and feel free to give me some instructions on how to do it with those specific builds. Thanks!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools and Longhorn Builds        Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:56 pm 
FTP Access

In case someone suggests that you try using older versions of the tools, you can find them here: https://www.thecollectionbook.info/information/downloads/.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools and Longhorn Builds        Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:07 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
voidp wrote:
In case someone suggests that you try using older versions of the tools, you can find them here: https://www.thecollectionbook.info/information/downloads/.

I managed to install version 6.0 of VMWare Tools, and then installed the Hounsell audio driver for VMWare in 3718 and it works perfectly fine now, thanks! I'll go and do 4074 later, though. :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools and Longhorn Builds        Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:00 am 

Favourite OS
I've gotten VMware Tools working on 4074, after many attempts and BSODs. I didn't do anything different the time I got it working though, so maybe it's by pure chance. I don't know.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: VMWare Tools and Longhorn Builds        Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:59 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Build 8056
https://www.thecollectionbook.info/info ... downloads/

Top  Profile