LiteStep and other Shell's

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
Keir

LiteStep and other Shell's

Post by Keir »

Not sure this is the right place to post about this, but I can't post in the Off Topic forum, but I guess it's probably fairly applicable for here.

I remember when I was running Windows 9x back in the day, I used to use the LiteStep shell which was great fun to play around with and customise.
Having looked at the website, it claims to run on Windows 10. I haven't tried it yet and was wondering whether anyone has used LiteStep (or other alternative Shell's) on say Windows 8+ and whether they're actually updated to work with, and take advantage of newer operating systems or whether they're basically as they were in the 9x days and purely updated for just compatibility?

Also, for LiteStep there seems to be two websites for it which are completely different, if anyone has any idea which is the best one or the official one?

http://www.litestep.net
http://www.litestep.info

ShadixAced

Re: LiteStep and other Shell's

Post by ShadixAced »

The Litestep.net site seems to be the official one, but when i ask for the forums, it goes to forums.litestep.info xD
S.A.

Releases done so far : 21
Member of Microsoft France's House of Fans (^^)

Keir

Post by Keir »

ShadixAced wrote:The Litestep.net site seems to be the official one, but when i ask for the forums, it goes to forums.litestep.info xD
haha ok so they must both essentially be the same.

That's a start :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kni

Post by kni »

Haven't used Litestep, but I've used bb4win and works in all Windows versions, despite the window skin feature has some issues with Windows 10.

The shell I most liked was SharpEnviro, but it's no longer supported and I'm not sure whether it would work in Windows 10 or not.
If only my software could reach beta.