[OFFER] Couple of old Brazilian Games and other things.

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
br4zil

[OFFER] Couple of old Brazilian Games and other things.

Post by br4zil »

Hello folks at betaarchives!

I just recently found out about your site, even tho i am a member of legendsworld for more than a year now, as a afficionado of old games, i am, of course, interested in getting access to the archive you have here.

Out of the top of my head, the software i have and you guys probably dont are some of the stuff i already uploaded on legendsworld, manly these 2 brazilian-made games:

-Acquaria (game from 2003, released by Greenland studios, a third person adventure game made to be a tie-in with the movie of the same name).
-Uranio 235 (Old point & click game from 1996 that was only released in brazil. One of the very first Brazilian made games ever made, i had to go on quite an extensive search to get a hold of working game to make an image out of.)

I also can provide complete scans for the game Incidente em Varginha (called Alien Anarchy for all non-brazilians), as i own the big box and the comic that came with it, and i can also provide a image of the original CD from the brazilian release of the game (which contains some cutscenes not included in the international english release).

Going outside of brazilian stuff, i have many other games and software laying around my home (both bought by me or my dad), but as far as rarity goes, the stuff i mentioned is probably the rarest.

I also have chapters 1-10 (altho the floppies are seemly not working anymore) of the very rare italian game "Time Travellers", if anyone needs them for scanning (not just the floppies, but the manuals & stuff that comes with them), i am happy to oblige.

On the odd end, i am one of the supposedly 100 (or it was 150) owners of the "Blackbox" edition of Darkstar, a Quicktime Game made by Parallax studios, the game was in production for more than 10 years, i belive and while it was released in 2010, the game feels as it was from the early 2000s. Along with the "Blackbox", it comes with a Beta CD containing the first version of the game from the late 90s

Would any of that be of interest to you guys?

On a more personal note, i am a guy that doesnt shy away from giving some donation to folks wanting to buy old rarities for them to be uploaded, Acquaria itself was bought almost 50/50 with my money and Uberlamer's (a user from legendsworld).

EDIT: as i looked around the forums more, i saw you guys seem to specialize on windows builds and OSs, while that isnt my area of interest when in regards to old software, i will take the liberty to show the site to a friend of mine from campus whos really... really obsessed with all kinds of operating systems, from ancient ones to indie OS projects.
Last edited by br4zil on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkstar
Donator

Re: [OFFER] Couple of old Brazilian Games and other things.

Post by Darkstar »

I'd say if you can provide good dumps (read the dumping guidelines in the Tutorials section) and maybe even scans of the media/boxes/covers etc., you'd have a very good chance that there's enough interest here.

Personally, I'd be interested in that point and click game, for example. But Time Travellers, Darkstar (especially that beta CD) are also VERY interesting.

As for your friend, if he's into ancient operating systems, he will surely find quite a lot in here, from old UNIX versions (sometimes even with source code) to the various UNIX clones of the 90's, to more "mainline" OS's like OS/2 etc. :)
I upload stuff to archive.org from time to time. See here for everything that doesn't fit BA

br4zil

Post by br4zil »

Darkstar wrote:I'd say if you can provide good dumps (read the dumping guidelines in the Tutorials section) and maybe even scans of the media/boxes/covers etc., you'd have a very good chance that there's enough interest here.

Personally, I'd be interested in that point and click game, for example. But Time Travellers, Darkstar (especially that beta CD) are also VERY interesting.

As for your friend, if he's into ancient operating systems, he will surely find quite a lot in here, from old UNIX versions (sometimes even with source code) to the various UNIX clones of the 90's, to more "mainline" OS's like OS/2 etc. :)
Haha! Nice to hear! :D

I am currently on vacation with the family and thus dont have any of the mentioned games at my disposal, for now i can show you some of the pictures of the mentioned games that i have on my imgur account :)

Darkstar (The beta is the white package on the left):

Acquaria:

-

Sadly the Point & Click (Uranio 235) game i dont own the CD of, i had to actually get in contact with a university professor (among other things, it was quite a story!) to get hold of a copy to dump it. But fear not, i used CloneCD to copy it (had to install it on the college library PC where the game was archived) and made sure i wasnt losing on redbook audio or anything. I wont be able to make a perfect dump of it (i dont have a scan of the CD and the box & manuals were not avaiable in the library i got it from). But i do think i still have the CD photo that the professor sent me via e-mail showing me the game :cool:

All the other mentioned games i have all the packages,manuals and stuff, as show in the pictures.

Once i get back home i will make a formal FTP application!

EDIT:

Here is the original link of the much larger picture of the Darkstar IMG, in case anyone wants to read the story behind the beta CDs:

http://i.imgur.com/gQ3OJCr.jpg

br4zil

Post by br4zil »

Ok, i have zipped the Beta CD of Darkstar and have applied for FTP access, but how do i actually submit my file? Do i wait for a reply from an admin?

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

There's upload info on the FTP servers page.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

br4zil

Post by br4zil »

mrpijey wrote:There's upload info on the FTP servers page.
Thanks! I am uploading it under the "br4zil" folder.

I was in doubt if i should credit the CD to the "J Allen Williams Creative", as it was the original (1996) release or "Parallax Studios", the group that actually finished the game and released both the this beta CD in 2010 and the final finished version of Darkstar.

I went with the original "J Allen Williams Creative" for the title.

I also used the CD's title, named "Hi-Fi Sci-Fi An Animated Heavy Metal", instead of calling the zipped file simply "Darkstar Tech Demo/Alpha".

I think they used this weird name because (from some info both on Darkstar and the uploaded readable material) back in the 90s, the developers didint expected Darkstar to ever see the light of day, so they attached a bit of gameplay and some cutscenes to an music CD and call it a day.

More than 10 years later, the full game would come to fruition :P

br4zil

Post by br4zil »

Hey there, i just wanted to know how can i know if my submissions have been approved or not? should i get an email or something? I have sent the file just as specified and received no word if it was approved or not =(