BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 7d, 5h, 6m | CPU: 32% | MEM: 2704MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: Can I Offer anyhing to get into the FTP?        Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:36 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
All of Windows, and Mac OS X DP3
Hi, can I offer (for example) Windows 1.0 DR5, which is in floppy disks all dumped and stuff. Will that be fine? Or do I have to do something that the FTP does not have?

Alcohol 120% is better than Alcohol 52% because 120% is bigger than 52%

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Can I Offer anyhing to get into the FTP?        Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:36 pm 
Administrator

We already have that, and there wouldn't be a point uploading something we already have is it?

If you got any original software or rare betas then offer them and we'll see if it's something that can fit on the FTP.

Listings: Online :: Offline

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Can I Offer anyhing to get into the FTP?        Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
All of Windows, and Mac OS X DP3
Ok, so here's what I need to do: (and correct me if i'm wrong or right)

I need to offer something BetaArchive doesn't have, (i'll look on mrpijey's website)
And then I can sign up/ask permission? I'm a little confused, I have read the guidelines, but still confused.

Alcohol 120% is better than Alcohol 52% because 120% is bigger than 52%

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Can I Offer anyhing to get into the FTP?        Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:52 pm 
Administrator

Yes, you need to offer something original with proper dumps and scans (see the guides in my signature) that we don't have on the FTP, or a better copy/scans of something we do have. Present your titles and we'll see if we have them and what you can do.

Listings: Online :: Offline

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Can I Offer anyhing to get into the FTP?        Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:22 am 

Favourite OS
Geeking out for all things Xbox
Would the upload be ignored if you can't provide any images?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Can I Offer anyhing to get into the FTP?        Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:34 pm 
VIP

Favourite OS
IRIX 5.3
Fahrenheight wrote:

I guess by "images" you mean the scans of the media/box/cover etc? If so, then the answer is "it depends". Usually it won't be accepted then but there have been cases where mrpijey made an exception to that rule

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Can I Offer anyhing to get into the FTP?        Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:42 am 

Favourite OS
Geeking out for all things Xbox
Darkstar wrote:
Fahrenheight wrote:

I guess by "images" you mean the scans of the media/box/cover etc? If so, then the answer is "it depends". Usually it won't be accepted then but there have been cases where mrpijey made an exception to that rule

Thank you for responding. Good to know. Trying to figure out how to make my submission be accepted.

Top  Profile