[REQUEST] CodeWarrior for MIPS Embedded Systems

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
pool7

[REQUEST] CodeWarrior for MIPS Embedded Systems

Post by pool7 »

Looking for R3 and R4; however any other version is welcome, as long as it supports R3000 and R4300.

This is the chronology based on my research:
R1: October 1997
R2: March 1998
R3: January 1999
R4: 2000?

Thanks! :)

louisw3

Re: [REQUEST] CodeWarrior for MIPS Embedded Systems

Post by louisw3 »

Out of curiosity was this used for PS1 dev?
"Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer

pool7

Post by pool7 »

Not exactly.
Metrowerks made a CodeWarrior for PS1, as well as for N64 and other consoles; however CodeWarrior for MIPS was a separate product (which supported the "generic" versions of the processors used by PS1 and N64 among others).
Depending on the amount of customization that was done to the original processors (if any), it may or may not compile for these consoles.
Plus the consoles included other processors (graphics, sound) for which there is no support in the MIPS edition.

If you're interested in CodeWarrior for PS1, you may want to look at the assemblergames forum.

sparcdr

Post by sparcdr »

I'm an FTP account holder, and I don't know where the PS1 era CodeWarrior releases are if they were ever put on BA. The earliest I have is the PS2 Dev Kit, and similarly timed Dreamcast (SH-4) kit such as Katana R9/R10 SDK, VC++ 6.0 Runtime, and Windows CE port kit (DirectX 8 cross thing). I have quite a few commonly available CodeWarrior titles due to my M68K/PPC kick 1 1/2 years ago when I got a PowerBook G4 Ti 667/128MB ram running OS 9.2.2. I am unaware what would be needed for the PS1 kit to actually produce a working debug/dev copy with today's emulators and/or solutions.

pool7

Post by pool7 »

CodeWarrior for PS1 is not in BA's FTP. The only copy I found, was shared in Assemblergames forums (currently down), and was not up to the required quality for BA (the scene group that did the release just grabbed the installed application, removed some stuff and zipped it).
https://mega.nz/#!LZZSTZLR!l3RRecZEhPXW ... texDNO_cOs

If you're interested in PS1 development, here are a couple of details:
-You can do it with just the SDK provided by Sony (known as Runtime Libraries + Technical Reference). CodeWarrior is optional.
-You can find some versions of the SDK in psxdev.net, in the Downloads section
-If you want to develop as studios did back in the day, you can search for the development hardware on eBay or other forums; however some items are really hard to come by and most are really expensive
-A cheaper version of the development kit was made available for hobbyists back in the day, in the form of a black region-free PS1, called the Net Yaroze. It's far more limited than the SDK, but does the trick for small games/apps. It doesn't generate executables that can run directly; instead you need a special disc and access card that came with the kit (luckily someone created a program that converts the net yaroze binaries to regular PS1 binaries).

Anyway, I'd prefer to get this topic back on track; if you want further details, PM me or create a separate thread.

PS: There are also some unofficial/homebrew SDKs for PS1 with varying functionality, though none has 3d support (or very limited).

sparcdr

Post by sparcdr »

I looked through my archive and found some possibly useful files for others. Tell me if you need more information or want either.

PSX Yaroze SDK (1996-11-05 22:48, 9.54mb) - DJGPP, et. al contains GNU linker/toolchain/loader but not ECOFF converter used for PSX Linux Homebrew kernel images (Early 2.4.x)
PSX SDK 4.4 (Leaked 2009-12-21 02:13, 78.1mb, readme from 1997/07/14 modified 1998-02-06) Contains cdemu, cdgen, PCDOWN, libraries (Maths, comparison, C primitives, SPU/SND device API, many samples including Threading and graphics; GSGPU, MIPMAP Shading/Fog, PAL/NTSC test suite, flash loader for ISA/PCI black box DTLH2000, DTLH2500, DTLH2700)

pool7

Post by pool7 »

Up; still looking for this :)
Evaluation version is also welcome (if it existed)