Something strange of the Windows 10 Build 15002 Baseimage

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
ZhengXiaoAi

Something strange of the Windows 10 Build 15002 Baseimage

Post by ZhengXiaoAi »

Windows 10 Build 15002's baseimage was leaked some days ago,but why this baseimage can only be installed on Hyper-V?What's the diffience between this baseimage and the Microsoft Offical ISO?Is there some "Additions" for Hyper-V in the baseimage?
I apologize for my grammatical error if it exists, because English is not my primary language.
----------------------------------------
Nothing happen so far,'cause who wants to get burned by the ice? ------ Colder Than Ice by Grant Miller

Windows OS

Re: Something strange of the Windows 10 Build 15002 Baseimag

Post by Windows OS »

ZhengXiaoAi wrote:Windows 10 Build 15002's baseimage was leaked some days ago,but why this baseimage can only be installed on Hyper-V?What's the diffience between this baseimage and the Microsoft Offical ISO?Is there some "Additions" for Hyper-V in the baseimage?
By the looks of it, the leaked version of 15002 is identical to the officially released one.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

BetaNewbie

Re: Something strange of the Windows 10 Build 15002 Baseimag

Post by BetaNewbie »

My assumption here, correct me if I am wrong.

The base image is designed for the Desktop App Converter, which is based on Windows Container.

The console session support has been stripped out or disabled ("console" here means local login, and "terminal" means a remote connection). That is why when you boot the image in a physical machine / VM other than Hyper-V, it just stops at the boot screen.

The Hyper-V Enhanced Session is a RDP Connection to the OS effectively.