Office 97 Plus! Euro-millennium pack

Discuss any beta and abandonware applications.
Gammatage

Office 97 Plus! Euro-millennium pack

Post by Gammatage »

I recently found this pack on a second-hand website, but couldn't find any information on the internet about it. Is anyone familiar with this pack and might know the backstory/release/distribution info behind it? :)

RubyTuesday
Donator

Re: Office 97 Plus! Euro-millennium pack

Post by RubyTuesday »

Looks like this article discusses it, or something similar.

From Google Translate:

Neither the 97 Edition for Windows or the 98th edition of Office for Macintosh are prepared for the millennium bug or the euro.

Office 97 Plus is free when you buy Office 97 and is offered in a single package. Older Office users pay 95 guilders for the Plus package.

Includes:
  • * Euro conversion tool supplied for Excel - organizes the automatic conversion of existing spreadsheets.
    * Y2K scan tool - scans for Y2K millennium sensitive PC components on the millennium bug and optionally performs the necessary repairs
    * Stickers
    * New versions of Outlook 98 and Internet Explorer 4.01
    * Trial versions of FrontPage 98 and Publisher 98
    * Native English, the dictation software from Lernout & Hauspie
    * Microsoft Service Pack 3 for Windows NT 4.0
    * Millennium and the euro brochure - Additional information about the problems of the millennium and the euro
Office 97 Plus is free when you buy Office 97 and is offered in a single package. Older Office users pay 95 guilders for the Plus package.

marv
Donator

Post by marv »

I have Office 2000 Plus and it contains similar stuff. Also have MS Y2K resource disc with another updates. Both in Czech language.

Gammatage

Post by Gammatage »

Ah, thanks guys! :) This is pretty interesting stuff. I'll try to dump the disks and upload them to the FTP this week so you can tinker around with it too.

@marv; I wonder; will Office 2000 Plus! be Czech-exclusive too, like 97 Plus! was Benelux exclusive?

marv
Donator

Post by marv »

yes, its czech excluzive, localized cover and also autorun

or if you ask wether there are also other language discs, I have no idea.