Minecraft Classic and Survival Test versions

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
kaasci

Minecraft Classic and Survival Test versions

Post by kaasci »

Hello, I am working with a small group to collect as many versions of Minecraft classic and survival test as possible. We have already made some progress, although our goal is to preserve the early days of the hit game for generations to apreciate. Here's where we are so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk
If anybody has any versions, including server software, that we are missing, or information on their whereabouts, it would be greatly apreicated.
Thank-you

Slartibarty

Re: Minecraft Classic and Survival Test versions

Post by Slartibarty »

It's been a long time since I played Minecraft, but if I recall correctly, you can download nearly every single version of the game (including the prototype world generation test versions) from the game's launcher.
Although this has probably changed, like I said, it's been quite some time since I last played and this feature may have been removed.

kaasci

Post by kaasci »

Slartibarty wrote:It's been a long time since I played Minecraft, but if I recall correctly, you can download nearly every single version of the game (including the prototype world generation test versions) from the game's launcher.
Although this has probably changed, like I said, it's been quite some time since I last played and this feature may have been removed.
Most Classic versions, all Indev versions, all but one Infdev versions and Alpha versions prior to 1.0.15 are missing, as well as every server jar prior to 1.2.5, the april fools updates, all but one snapshot and all prereleases are missing from the launcher.

MewtwoHasAPrototype

Post by MewtwoHasAPrototype »

I will try help find those versions, the guy who is helping with you and others, I joined. Good luck for trying to find those versions. :D