BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 6d, 15h, 56m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 6772MB of 24567MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Minecraft Classic and Survival Test versions        Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:40 pm 

Hello, I am working with a small group to collect as many versions of Minecraft classic and survival test as possible. We have already made some progress, although our goal is to preserve the early days of the hit game for generations to apreciate. Here's where we are so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HqARrKrf87b2BKGh3zuzbIKXviLve-MN5eIG4-QC5Pw/edit?usp=drivesdk
If anybody has any versions, including server software, that we are missing, or information on their whereabouts, it would be greatly apreicated.
Thank-you

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Minecraft Classic and Survival Test versions        Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:01 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7
It's been a long time since I played Minecraft, but if I recall correctly, you can download nearly every single version of the game (including the prototype world generation test versions) from the game's launcher.
Although this has probably changed, like I said, it's been quite some time since I last played and this feature may have been removed.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Minecraft Classic and Survival Test versions        Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:17 pm 

Slartibarty wrote:
It's been a long time since I played Minecraft, but if I recall correctly, you can download nearly every single version of the game (including the prototype world generation test versions) from the game's launcher.
Although this has probably changed, like I said, it's been quite some time since I last played and this feature may have been removed.

Most Classic versions, all Indev versions, all but one Infdev versions and Alpha versions prior to 1.0.15 are missing, as well as every server jar prior to 1.2.5, the april fools updates, all but one snapshot and all prereleases are missing from the launcher.

Top  Profile