BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 11h, 8m | CPU: 20% | MEM: 7472MB of 24567MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [OFFER] A couple of games        Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:22 pm 
FTP Access

Instead of wasting more of mrpijey's time, I'd like your opinion on a few original games I've got my hands on:
  • Age of Empires (1996) [French]
  • Call to Power (1999, Activision) [French]
  • Corsairs (1998, Microïds) [French]
  • Creatures (1996) [French]
  • Duke Nukem 3D (1996, Kixx, Bonus sharewares)
  • Égypte 1156 (1996, Cryo) [French]
  • Gruntz (1999, Microïds) [French]
  • Jedi Knight (1996) [French]
  • Pharaon (1999, Sierra) [French]
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (2006) [French]
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Promotional Copy) [English]
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (Promotional Copy) [French]
  • Rising Lands (1997, Microïds) [French]
  • Theme Hospital (1997) [French]
  • Tomb Raider (1996, Eidos)
  • Tomb Raider 2 (1997, Eidos)
  • X-Plane version 7 (2007) [French]
Might one of these be accepted for FTP access? Or do you want any of them uploaded somewhere else?

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] A couple of games        Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:05 pm 
Administrator

If they are all original then all of them would be of interest since we lack more localized versions of the games.

Personal servers: Minecraft :: Terraria

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] A couple of games        Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:05 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0 SP5
Interested in Duke Nukem and Tomb Raider

"Everything is useless when you're an idiot."

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] A couple of games        Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:38 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
SP3
X-Plane sounds cool, is it only in French?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] A couple of games        Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:59 am 
FTP Access

I'll start with Age of Empire, Duke Nukem and both Tomb Raider.

Could you clarify a few points before I start?

• Any advice on how to scan the cardboard box, especially the edges? I'm wondering if a grey background of my blurred ceiling would be fine.
  • As for the manual, I believe I should also color scan the black and white Limited Warranties booklet, as a list of PNG files. Am I correct?
  • I also plan on including reference photos of the unboxing. Is there any naming convention for the various files?

Thank you in advance.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [OFFER] A couple of games        Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:48 pm 
Administrator

Nescafe wrote:
  • Any advice on how to scan the cardboard box, especially the edges? I'm wondering if a grey background of my blurred ceiling would be fine.

Open the scanner, it it on the edge, keep it steady and scan. I will adjust the scans and crop out the stuff around so it doesn't matter if your hand is visible, or your blurred ceiling :). Be sure to scan ALL sides and label them accordingly (boxcover-left, boxcover-front etc)

Nescafe wrote:
  • As for the manual, I believe I should also color scan the black and white Limited Warranties booklet, as a list of PNG files. Am I correct?

Yes, use the color setting for everything.

Nescafe wrote:
  • I also plan on including reference photos of the unboxing. Is there any naming convention for the various files?

Don't need any reference photo of the unboxing if you scan all the material.

Nescafe wrote:
Thank you in advance.

You're welcome :). Just be sure you scan everything with margins, minimum 600dpi or better, clean scanner/disc and to png or tif. And align the disc properly before scanning so I don't need to rotate it. Review your scans before upload too, would be dumb to have to reupload stuff because there's a hair or cutoff scan which could have been noticed before the upload.

Good luck!

Personal servers: Minecraft :: Terraria

Top  Profile  WWW