[OFFER] Windows Home Server (OEM-disks, with Power Pack 1)

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Gammatage

[OFFER] Windows Home Server (OEM-disks, with Power Pack 1)

Post by Gammatage »

Hiya,

I've got the Windows Home Server OEM kit here, with Power Pack 1 included. This kit has the following disks:
- Windows Home Server - Server Installation DVD (part no. X14-19068)
- Windows Home Server - OEM Preinstallation Kit (part no. X14-25847)
- Windows Home Server - Windows Home Server Connector software (part no. X14-19070)
- Windows Home Server - Home Computer Restore CD (part no. X14-19069)

All these versions include Power Pack 1 and are from the 2007 edition of Windows Home Server. I also have the original documentation with this.

Do you guys still miss these on the FTP or is anyone interested in images of these?

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [OFFER] Windows Home Server (OEM-disks, with Power Pack

Post by mrpijey »

We do have a

Microsoft Windows Home Server (5.2.3790.4159) (2007) [English] [OEM]

Can you check what build you got? Our copy has a blue cover and with semi-holographic discs (holographic ring on a blue disc). However our copy only has three discs lacking the Preinstallation Kit.

The X-numbers on our discs are:

X14-19289-01, X14-19290-01, X14-19291-01

So you seem to have a different edition than ours. So yes, a full cover and disc scan along with a proper MDF dump would be great.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Gammatage

Post by Gammatage »

All right, I will make these in the morning!

What will be the best way to check the build version (aside from installing the OS itself)? The disk is for the Server Installation DVD is the only Holographic one, with a gray center. The full code on the box is 0304 Part No. X10-52148.

Already got the Disk Images ready (.mdx, Deamon Tools), though they might need some proper naming for on the FTP (they currently have their original names; any preference in how you would like these?).

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Well, the filename doesn't matter as I can adjust it when I see the full set. Just be sure you scan everything to spec so you don't have to redo anything, it would be great to have a full and proper scan of this as it's not very common.

I have to get back to you about the build, usually I check the root setup.exe but with these Home Servers I am not sure that's the proper way to check it. I have other means of course by third party tools that should detect the build properly.
Official guidelines: Contribution Guidelines
Channels: Discord :: Twitter :: YouTube
Misc: Archived UUP

Gammatage

Post by Gammatage »

All right, version of the installed Windows Server (2003) setup beneath has the version: 5.2.3790.3959, build version in Windows is 5.2.3790, so fairly close.

Home Server seems to use Server 2003 Small Business as a host for the Home Server stuff, so you need to check the build versions on the Server (2003) versions, instead over the overlaying Home Server software to get the true build number.

Currently trying to install this one, and it isn't going without hiccups during installation. :P