Return Paint 3D to MSPaint

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Return Paint 3D to MSPaint

Post by JimOlive »

As a few of you may know, MSPaint has been replaced with Paint 3D. I absolutely hate this and am incensed by it. Does anyone know how I can get back MSPaint?

Madonna

Re: Return Paint 3D to MSPaint

Post by Madonna »

Just copy over MSPaint from a Windows 10 build that has the old style in.
Just copy it to system32

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

in HKLM or HKCU, create a REG_DWORD DisableModernPaintBootstrap in key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\Settings and set it to 1.

JimOlive
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Post by JimOlive »

Thank you very much. The "Settings" key didn't exist, so I had to create it, but it still worked.

Matriks404

Post by Matriks404 »

Can't they just provide them both, by default? There is so much legacy code in Windows, that I don't get why they need to remove access to legacy paint. I see that it would be probably accessible on the Server 2016 as legacy calculator is still there, but why disable an utility which many people still use? It is an excellent tool for very basic editing, and drawing (for example pixel art). Sure, there is paint.net which is superior in many ways, but it is external application which needs to be installed and normal users will probably don't use layers and other extra stuff.

viper
Donator

Post by viper »

I didn't want the Paint 3D either & found online a suggestion & it worked (for me)
In build 14971 all one has to do is uninstall the MSPaint app & Paint 3D will be gone & MS Paint will be back!

In build 14986 I have the regular MSPaint after my upgrade from b14971, either MS fixed the Paint 3D or it carried over from my previous build that I upgraded from.

perludum

Post by perludum »

I haven't tried the Paint 3D, but I hope it's better than MSPaint, but I have the feeling that MSPaint is much easier to use.

ExplicitNuM5

Post by ExplicitNuM5 »

Weird... I'm on 15031 and the old Paint still exists.
XDA-Developers: mr_verystock
Facebook: ___ ___ng
Google +: okcn .aline
Tom's Hardware : okcnaline
OSBetaArchive: ExplicitNuM5

Madonna

Post by Madonna »

ExplicitNuM5 wrote:Weird... I'm on 15031 and the old Paint still exists.
They reversed the change