Alpha XDK Xbox 360

Discuss any beta and abandonware games.
Dandu

Alpha XDK Xbox 360

Post by Dandu »

Hi,

I have found an Alpha Dev Kit for the Xbox 360, it's a Power Mac G5 "property of Microsoft" used in the early devlopment of the Xbox 360. I have the Mac... but not the software and i search a copy of the XDK for this DevKit.

I have found that there is a CD or DVD recovery for this Dev Kit, but i can't find him.

Can you help me ?

The Distractor

Re: Alpha XDK Xbox 360

Post by The Distractor »

Could you somehow provide an image of the hd, given you can't find the recovery/SDK?

And such a recovery/SDK would be interesting to me aswell.

dans34
Donator

Post by dans34 »

i expect the "software" in this case means the actual xdk stuff on the mac itself

Dandu

Post by Dandu »

The HDD was erased when i got the Mac, there is only Mac OS X on it.

Venetik
Donator

Post by Venetik »

Maybe try to recover data? You should came with something.
Well, hello friends!

win2k8man
Donator

Post by win2k8man »

OH THIS IS AWESOME check out this forum http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/forum.php might be able to help

dezodor

Post by dezodor »

yep, try to run a recovery on it, you might be able to recover some goodies.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha

Dandu

Post by Dandu »

I have try a recovery, but i'm disapointed : it's not the original hard disk and i have not found the Xenon launcher on it.

SuperOS232

Post by SuperOS232 »

Wait... The Xbox 360 beta was a Apple Mac? :OD

begallegal1

Post by begallegal1 »

Dandu wrote:I have try a recovery, but i'm disapointed : it's not the original hard disk and i have not found the Xenon launcher on it.
please provide some pics of the internal hardware, the os of an xbox360 runs from a nand flash chip so the contents of the HDD are not of importance in most normal cases, though I would guess this to be a very different case,,I would have to assume that you will likely never be able to return this to a functional state using a standard XDKrecovery disc or iso ,,with more pics we may be able to help sort out what is or isnt possible ;)

Dandu

Post by Dandu »

It's a classic Power Mac G5, nothing different as a model with OS X. Just an Intel Network card.

I have found a person with the software but he will note share it.

BananaSwag

Post by BananaSwag »

SuperOS232 wrote:Wait... The Xbox 360 beta was a Apple Mac? :OD
No, the Xbox 360 Alpha was a Mac, the beta was an actual console. Google "XeDK Beta 1".

fazeCA

Post by fazeCA »

BananaSwag wrote:
No, the Xbox 360 Alpha was a Mac, the beta was an actual console. Google "XeDK Beta 1".
Very interesting. I wonder why they went all Mac with it?
I'm a Dino5aur

borman18

Post by borman18 »

fazeCA wrote:
BananaSwag wrote:
Very interesting. I wonder why they went all Mac with it?
They had PowerPC processors. Cheaper to use those than to create a custom kit that wouldnt be used for long.

Cyros

Post by Cyros »

Anyone ever find the recoveries?

shinda

Post by shinda »

Cyros wrote:Anyone ever find the recoveries?
I have an ISO recovery from 2001 not sure what good it will do because I'm pretty sure it's for beta kits.

Cyros

Post by Cyros »

for the original xbox? or 360?

doulomb

Post by doulomb »

I am sort of knowledgeable about this subject. A recovery from 2001 is for the original xbox and will definitely not work on this. Also neither will any other publicly available recovery. The chances of finding one are slim to none because they either never existed (the powermacs were preflashed) or were only distributed to a very small number of large studios which destroyed them afterwards.

The only chance here is to try using recovery software to read it. This is likely only possible if the G5 has only been lightly used, in which case the files may not have been completely overwritten. To do this try making a complete dump of the system's hard drive by taking it out and putting it in another machine. Then I would open up that image using a hex editor and search for bytes which are telltale signs of xbox software. For example XEX is the name of the executable format.

cheeers.

-doulomb

joona34

Post by joona34 »

XeMorg

Post by XeMorg »

there are no alpha recoveries included in that mega account. If any they are shared privately or internally. I have a Xenon remote recovery I want to add to the FTP after my approved posts =]

Hacmac

Post by Hacmac »

Does anyone know what the exact specifications are of this Alpha? Like a regular G5?

Xeb0t

Post by Xeb0t »

Ok people we have made somewhat of a breakthrough and have managed to recover some of the files for the xenon os from a hard drive that OSX was installed over. with the help of some recovery software we are able to find some more information. In particular at this moment, xeboot the boot loader for the xenon os has been dumped. we are having troubles getting openfirmware to load the xboxroma.bin with the dump we have it seems that we have several files but arent quite sure how to get the file to elf load? is there anyone here with experience on open firmware?