Problem with Windows 2000 RTM

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
ALEXYERGA

Problem with Windows 2000 RTM

Post by ALEXYERGA »

Hi :?

I have downloaded the file "2001-01 - 0043.0 - Windows 2000 Versions [Spanish]" of the FTP, in "Misc (Compilation)/Microsoft MSDN (Green)", I have decompressed the RAR and the ISO too, and when I make an iso booteable with any version, this is the error what I get:

Setup did not find the Contract End User License Agreement (EULA).

Cannot continue the installation. To exit, press F3

I don't know why :(

What can I do to resolve this problem?

Thanks very much!! :D
Last edited by ALEXYERGA on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Favorites OS: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8

valvedubstep
Donator

Re: Problem with Windows 2000 RTM

Post by valvedubstep »

not to be mean but you might try posting translations, this is an English forum (UK). you might get more help that way.
5000!

ALEXYERGA

Post by ALEXYERGA »

valvedubstep wrote:not to be mean but you might try posting translations, this is an English forum (UK). you might get more help that way.
Thanks, I forgot it :$

Done

yourepicfailure
Donator

Post by yourepicfailure »

Shoot for copying the EULA from another Spanish win2k install, because it's not like the error message directly (in a way) tells you what to do.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"
You will never tear me from the grasp of the Pentium M!

ALEXYERGA

Post by ALEXYERGA »

yourepicfailure wrote:Shoot for copying the EULA from another Spanish win2k install, because it's not like the error message directly (in a way) tells you what to do.
I did that but my problem is still happening, the same error.

The file EULA.TXT is in I386, both the original and when i try change it

yourepicfailure
Donator

Looks like somewhere along the line, set up got some bad code and either thinks the file is corrupted (it's rigged to only accept a file with certain attributes) or set up itself is corrupted (doubt)...
ALEXYERGA wrote:I have decompressed the RAR and the ISO too, and when I make an iso booteable with any version
What have you done to the original .iso to make it bootable?
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off"

ALEXYERGA

Post by ALEXYERGA »

yourepicfailure wrote:Looks like somewhere along the line, set up got some bad code and either thinks the file is corrupted (it's rigged to only accept a file with certain attributes) or set up itself is corrupted (doubt)...
ALEXYERGA wrote:I have decompressed the RAR and the ISO too, and when I make an iso booteable with any version
What have you done to the original .iso to make it bootable?
The ISO that I downloaded has three folders, PRO, SERVER and ADV_SRV. I take the PRO folder and the files of it I put on a clean iso ntldr booteable, I do that with all of versions of Windows XP and Windows 2000, but this I didn't get 8-)

Now, with nLite, I have integrated the Service Pack 1 and make iso booteable with nLite, and with it, I get to install in Virtual PC and works fine, with the SP1. I don't get to find the problem with the original RTM :(

yourepicfailure
Donator

NLite has been known to break installs. Don't integrate anything with the NLite, install SP1 after finishing Win2K setup. Integrating SP1 causes setup to think it's something it's not, breaking all sorts of things.

Try a version with SP1 already integrated by Microsoft. Then you'll have the *somewhat* guarantee that it should work.

EDIT: Slight Misunderstanding...
Last edited by yourepicfailure on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ALEXYERGA

Post by ALEXYERGA »

yourepicfailure wrote:NLite has been known to break installs. Don't integrate anything with the NLite, install SP1 after finishing Win2K setup. Integrating SP1 causes setup to think it's something it's not, breaking all sorts of things.
Thanks for the info, but the problem is that the original installation doesn't work, but after I integrated the SP1 with nLite, it works :cry:

I want to repair the original installation, that doesn't work with the error in the OP

yourepicfailure
Donator

Then it appears that either one of two things is going on:
Either the setup was originally SP1 and that the uploader de-sp1'd it (unlikely)
Or NLite reorganized the setup structure when it integrated SP1, essentially fixing it. (VERY likely)

ALEXYERGA

Post by ALEXYERGA »

yourepicfailure wrote:Then it appears that either one of two things is going on:
Either the setup was originally SP1 and that the uploader de-sp1'd it (unlikely)
Or NLite reorganized the setup structure when it integrated SP1, essentially fixing it. (VERY likely)
I'm sure that is it, because the original installation doesn't have SP1 sure.

Now, I don't know how to solve the original problem :(

EPPM

Post by EPPM »

Maybe nLited messed up the ISO? IIRC the SP itself contains an utility to integrate it. (I did the same thing that you try to do, with Advanced Server and SP4)
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T -I mean- S-M-A-R-T

ALEXYERGA

Post by ALEXYERGA »

EPPM wrote:Maybe nLited messed up the ISO? IIRC the SP itself contains an utility to integrate it. (I did the same thing that you try to do, with Advanced Server and SP4)
No, the problem is with the original ISO, before to integrate nothing. This is the problem.

In the other hand, when I integrate the SP1, it's works, but it isn't the problem

gus33000
Location: Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Post by gus33000 »

It's because you took the 2000 setup folder from a multi-iso, modified to be able to load the correct i386 folder in this directory /PRO/i386.
So you have two choices :
     You can use the original iso with the proper boot loader which loads directly PRO/ADV_SRV/SRV
     You can edit the TXTSETUP.SIF file like this :
          Search in the file the "SetupSourcePath" (without quotes) string
          Replace the value to : SetupSourcePath = "\"

ALEXYERGA

Post by ALEXYERGA »

gus33000 wrote:It's because you took the 2000 setup folder from a multi-iso, modified to be able to load the correct i386 folder in this directory /PRO/i386.
So you have two choices :
     You can use the original iso with the proper boot loader which loads directly PRO/ADV_SRV/SRV
     You can edit the TXTSETUP.SIF file like this :
          Search in the file the "SetupSourcePath" (without quotes) string
          Replace the value to : SetupSourcePath = "\"

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

I did it and it's works, thanks!

The problem is solve, thanks everybody who tried to help me :D