[offer] Packard Bell Multimedia Master CD-486 Recovery Disc

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
bob2600

[offer] Packard Bell Multimedia Master CD-486 Recovery Disc

Post by bob2600 »

Hello Everyone,

I did a little more digging and found the original recovery set to my first PC, a Packard Bell Legend 20CD. This system boasted a 486 DX2 Processor, 8 MB of EDO Ram, 1MB Cirrus Logic Video Adapter, and a Sound Blaster 16 clone sound card. The recovery set is comprised of the multimedia master cd that contains the original applications, including windows 3.11 branded for Packard Bell PCs. I consider it a pretty good time capsule of software to look through since it contains the microsoft games pack that included a few simple games to be played in windows 3.x, along with every piece of software preinstalled on this particular PC. I have ripped the CD to a proper ISO and made an image of the companion diskette that contains the proper cd rom drivers and dos environment to properly apply the recovery pack to the PC. Along with the software images, I have made high resolution scans of the CD and floppy labels.

Picture of Multimedia Master CD

Picture of Recovery Diskette (sorry about the marker)

I will upload these to the server if anyone is interested, please let me know.

-Rob

DiskingRound

Re: [offer] Packard Bell Multimedia Master CD-486 Recovery D

Post by DiskingRound »

Yes, I am interested in that floppy and disc; could you please upload to the FTP (or MEGA.co.nz)?

bob2600

Post by bob2600 »

Ok, I uploaded it to the FTP, enjoy!

mkbea1985

Post by mkbea1985 »

I don't mean to bump this thread but where on the ftp is this? I can't seem to find it.

dans34
Donator

Post by dans34 »

not supprising since you dont have ftp access ( your name is in black) , if it is on the ftp then it'll be under the recovery media section

mkbea1985

Post by mkbea1985 »

I do have ftp access but for some reason my name is still showing black it never changed to red. I checked the recovery media section and all there is, is the 1995 Packard Bell Master CD and not this one which I assume would be a 1994 version.

protivakid

Post by protivakid »

The FTP seems to require I upload some exclusive file before I can download others. I have nothing to offer which is why I came here in the first place looking for files for my Packard Bell. Can you upload these discs to a normal site that anyone can access?