[OFFER] Collection of DOS Joke/Fun Programs

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
danooct1
Donator

[OFFER] Collection of DOS Joke/Fun Programs

Post by danooct1 »

Hello everyone, a few of you know me from my youtube channel mainly regarding old computer viruses, however today I have some benign files to share with you that I've acquired through some of the PCs I've bought on ebay/a few other places. a few of these were featured in my IBM 5155 video so you might have seen them before, however now you can play with them yourself. I've run them through virustotal to ensure one of the viruses I've tested hasn't snuck along from one of my malware adventures, and they all came out clean (except for bugs and drain which apparently AV companies consider joke programs - nothing malicious though).

BACKTALK.COM - this program acts like the regular DOS prompt but replies with rude messages for several lines until it eventually quits.

BIRDS.EXE - uses an arpeggio on the PC speaker to mimic something that I guess you could consider bird calls.

BUGS.COM - sends an army of insects to devour the characters on the screen.

COMM.EXE - pretend you're a hacker and attempt to log in to the "department of defense" network, but you only get three tries to crack the password. I'm not sure if there's actually a correct password, maybe someone with better ASM skills than mine can reverse engineer it for me.

DRAIN.COM - throws up a fake error saying there's water in your floppy drive, then runs the "spin cycle" (plays with the disk motor and plays a rising tone over the PC speaker - much more funny if you have an actual 5.25" drive for it to play with)

KEYCLICK.COM - emits a click from the PC speaker whenever a key is pressed

THATSALL.EXE - plays an animation like the old looney toons "that's all" screen.

WILLTELL.EXE - plays a fabulous PC speaker rendition of the william tell overture.

hopefully you enjoy these, I'll search through some other floppies and drives that I have sometime for anything else you might be interested in.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/644 ... ograms.rar

Your antivirus might not like this RAR since two of the programs are considered "joke programs," non-malicious software that might interrupt work, however nothing in this archive will harm your computer. here is the virustotal.com analysis of the archive.

The Distractor

Re: [OFFER] Collection of DOS Joke/Fun Programs

Post by The Distractor »

...why do AVs still even detect joke programs? Especially *DOS* ones.

..Which makes me wonder. How well would they work in ntvdm?

ehea617

[DELETED]

Post by ehea617 »

[DELETED]
Last edited by ehea617 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

rthdribl

Re: [OFFER] Collection of DOS Joke/Fun Programs

Post by rthdribl »

They seem to come from here:
http://ftpmirror.your.org/pub/misc/dos/ ... l1No2_640/
There's even a source code for a newer version:
http://ftpmirror.your.org/pub/misc/dos/ ... THEGAG.BAS

Oh, and a torrent ;) Old BBS stuff <3
MINI NT EXECUTIVE Version 1.0
rthdribl