Xbox Alpha XDK Reverse Engineering and Virtualization

Discuss any beta and abandonware applications.
jimmsta
Donator

Re: Xbox Alpha XDK Reverse Engineering and Virtualization

Post by jimmsta »

CodeAsm wrote:Dont know if it can help, but I just succesfully made a AlphaII pc work. So I have working hardware (No USB and no Hammerhead yet) but maybe your patches will make that easier. If you need info or want me to test some software, give me a pm or reply here :D
I saw your update. Congrats on getting your very own alpha II xdk!
Darkstar wrote:I don't know if you guys realized this already, but PCI ID 0x10de:0x0150 is a GeForce 2 GTS (link to PCI ID database)
It probably checks the subsystem IDs as well, but there are at least some consumer graphics cards which identify as this specific PCI device/ID
The kernel only checks for the vendor ID as far as I can tell.
16 years of BA experience; I refurbish old electronics, and archive diskettes with a KryoFlux. My posting history is 16 years of educated speculation and autism.

Sorn

Re: Xbox Alpha XDK Reverse Engineering and Virtualization

Post by Sorn »

Hey guys. I have a February 2001 XDK/recovery if it helps any. I requested FTP access to see if it exists. Im currently trying to recover a Alpha I unit that has no HD in it. Was looking for reference materials on this process and came across this thread. Any pointers would be helpful, and please let me know if you need this XDK/recovery.

I have a working alpha and put the hd in the new one, but doesn't boot? Thought the HD's were not paired, so kinda confused why its not booting.

Edit - Someone put the wrong video card in it :( I will have to replace it. LMK if someone needs feb 2001 or how to provide it to the FTP if needed.