[Beta Screenshots] Win8.1 9415 Official ZH-CN Version

New news and release discussion.
Pwned
Donator

[Beta Screenshots] Win8.1 9415 Official ZH-CN Version

Post by Pwned »

Source: PCBeta.com

Yesterday, I got an email to my Inbox, turned out to be ZH-CN, so I installed it under a virtual machine right after.

The installation process went with addition of the input method translation, just like in Win8.

There was still unfinished stuff in many places, though.

I don't know if I'm correct, but I saw no way of direct creation of a local account, other than via networking.

There is no infamous direct boot into the desktop, no start menu, the computer's default name of the computer can be modified. Desktop icon option is called "Computer".

No Start menu either, but there is a mouse hover ability to the lower left corner. If done Start "menu" icon becomes the same as on the screenshot below.

IE11, Windows build number as you can see is 9415.

The Libraries seems to be abandoned, now displayed directly in "Computer".

It's still possible to create a local user account via MMC.

Split Screen size can be freely divided, and IE can automatically be scaled to adapt to other App, but not in 1/3, rather fixed in the original size.

App Store cannot be launched, it seems that it needs an MS account.

Start menu supports 4 sizes of the back board in Start Center, and has the ability to customize color details in a richer way.

It seems the upcoming preview version will be released in June has not yet been completed, so we can expect Microsoft to continue developing a more sophisticated version. Development teams are able to see, that the latest version for today is: Windows 8.1 Build 9418.

Windows 8.1 allows transferring settings from your old PC to your new PC, compared with more powerful synchronization of Windows 8, and now supports applications and hardware setup information, new computers no longer need to set up everything again.

Last edited by Pwned on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wheatley
Donator

Re: [Beta Screenshots] Win8.1 9415 Official ZH-CN Version

Post by Wheatley »

Looks pretty cool. Hopefully it leaks.
Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

luyuliang1234

Post by luyuliang1234 »

Wheatley wrote:Looks pretty cool. Hopefully it leaks.
Leaked screenshot has been very good, do not expect too much!

ggpm

Post by ggpm »

Dates from 25th may, recent build, but where are that new changes that were show on the microsoft's blog? Maybe that where from a fbl_uex build

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

ggpm wrote:Dates from 25th may, recent build, but where are that new changes that were show on the microsoft's blog? Maybe that where from a fbl_uex build
maybe there's more redpill-type stuff in 8.1?

Terra854

Post by Terra854 »

What is the full build string of this build?

Lukas Marsik

Post by Lukas Marsik »

Terra854 wrote:What is the full build string of this build?
It is shown on the 5th picture in OP's post 8-)

SotirisMichail
Donator

Post by SotirisMichail »

Looks great. Can't wait for the 8.1 RTM.

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

If only it could be leaked in English :/

startmenuisgone

Post by startmenuisgone »

Im probably reading it wrong, but you said you cant make a local account. Does this mean microsoft is gonna try their crap always connected scheme with windows?
Please be aware that someone else is using the name "startmenuisgone" on other sites and it is NOT me. I am only registered with that name here and on assembler games. The other accounts are fraud!

Pwned
Donator

Post by Pwned »

startmenuisgone wrote:Im probably reading it wrong, but you said you cant make a local account. Does this mean microsoft is gonna try their crap always connected scheme with windows?
I'm not sure, but the original poster on PCBeta said so.

BAV0

Post by BAV0 »

startmenuisgone wrote:Im probably reading it wrong, but you said you cant make a local account. Does this mean microsoft is gonna try their crap always connected scheme with windows?
This is what the guy at PCBeta said when he showed the pics...
Maybe it's got something to do withb the fact that Windows 8 will be updated through the store to 8.1 :?
Find me elsewhere on the web:
ImageImageImage

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

BAV0 wrote:
Maybe it's got something to do withb the fact that Windows 8 will be updated through the store to 8.1 :?
Then why is he getting ISO files?

BAV0

Post by BAV0 »

giantsteen wrote:
BAV0 wrote:
Then why is he getting ISO files?
I have no idea, nobody knows exactly what Microsoft is planning as far as the availability and distribution of 8.1 goes. I'm just making wild guesses :P
ImageImageImage

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

Well, like how Microsoft sells Windows 7 with SP1 after the service packs are released, I believe Windows 8.1 will be sold instead of Windows 8.

Terra854

Post by Terra854 »

Can you upload that into the FTP when it is fully recovered?

BAV0

Post by BAV0 »

Terra854 wrote:Can you upload that into the FTP when it is fully recovered?
It hasn't leaked yet, only these screenshots :(
ImageImageImage

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

Well, it all seems very interesting.

Still, though, they're not even really bringing back the old Start "orb" as such; if you read Microsoft's article about it, you would see that they're really only changing the appearance of the Start tip to make it easier to find. We're not even sure that they won't change it further before the Release Candidate and RTM versions, at least as far as I'm concerned.

BAV0

Post by BAV0 »

WinPC wrote:Well, it all seems very interesting.

Still, though, they're not even really bringing back the old Start "orb" as such; if you read Microsoft's article about it, you would see that they're really only changing the appearance of the Start tip to make it easier to find. We're not even sure that they won't change it further before the Release Candidate and RTM versions, at least as far as I'm concerned.
The orb is just a graphic, why does it matter whether it's an orb or the new Windows logo!
ImageImageImage

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

BAV0 wrote:
WinPC wrote:Well, it all seems very interesting.

The orb is just a graphic, why does it matter whether it's an orb or the new Windows logo!
I'm just pointing out that the function in Windows 8.1 is still the same as in the original version of Windows 8, that's all.

BAV0

Post by BAV0 »

WinPC wrote:I'm just pointing out that the function in Windows 8.1 is still the same as in the original version of Windows 8, that's all.
Oh, like that :) , the start menu is not coming back, but placing the start button back on the taskbar will help users to find it, therefore it is a big improvement in my opinion.
ImageImageImage

AlphaBeta
Donator

Post by AlphaBeta »

There is something mysterious.
In the Paul Thurrot's screens, the Start button was clearly visible and was white. He also said that when you hover the button, the white color in the logo would change into the Metro accent color. And also, he said that the Start button can't be disabled in his build.
Well, maybe he has got a different build...
AlphaBeta, stop brainwashing me immediately!

BAV0

Post by BAV0 »

AlphaBeta wrote:There is something mysterious.
In the Paul Thurrot's screens, the Start button was clearly visible and was white. He also said that when you hover the button, the white color in the logo would change into the Metro accent color. And also, he said that the Start button can't be disabled in his build.
This build clearly doesn't have the final version of the start button that Microsoft showed, that's why Thurrot's pics are different.
ImageImageImage

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

BAV0 wrote:
AlphaBeta wrote:There is something mysterious.
This build clearly doesn't have the final version of the start button that Microsoft showed, that's why Thurrot's pics are different.
Same with Desktop pictures on the Start Screen- this new build doesn't have that either.

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

Well, then it seems that they are most likely changing the code, and experimenting with each different setup. I mean, at first, I thought that Paul Thurrott had somehow received a fake build, but especially after seeing Microsoft's official article regarding this change, it seems to me now that both builds are completely real, and that it's simply a matter of what Microsoft decides is appropriate for its users.

Still, though, the function is the same - the "old" Start button is NOT returning; it's the same Start tip as before, just that the appearance has changed to make it easier for users to locate.

Anyway, though, I also have a suggestion for Microsoft (which I might try sending to them if possible), and that is this:
Possibly, they could give the user a choice between different Start tip appearances, with the ability to customize the look and behavior of the Start tip to what suits them the most. In other words, a personal preference.

That, I think, would be an excellent idea, and could very well solve the problems that Microsoft's Windows 8 line has had in that field.