(REQUEST) Windows Movie Maker for Windows 2000

Discussion of beta and abandonware topics not fit for the other forums goes here.
LeaflameSD

(REQUEST) Windows Movie Maker for Windows 2000

Post by LeaflameSD »

Could someone please upload the Windows Me version of Movie Maker so I can download and run it on Windows 2000? The only release that I know that works with Windows 2000 is 1.1, and I have tried the Windows XP version (2.1) but it doesn't work. So if anyone has a Me machine, could they upload it?

Godspeed,
LeaflameSD. Don't get attached.

giantsteen
Donator

Re: (REQUEST) Windows Movie Maker for Windows 2000

Post by giantsteen »

Go online and look for Windows Movie Maker for Windows 98. It works on Windows 2000 also.

LeaflameSD

Post by LeaflameSD »

giantsteen wrote:Go online and look for Windows Movie Maker for Windows 98. It works on Windows 2000 also.
I downloaded the program, installed it, rebooted my PC, navigated to C:\WINNT and it didn't work.

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

LeaflameSD wrote:
giantsteen wrote:Go online and look for Windows Movie Maker for Windows 98. It works on Windows 2000 also.
I downloaded the program, installed it, rebooted my PC, navigated to C:\WINNT and it didn't work.
What about it didn't work?

Jecag

Post by Jecag »

@giantsteen It was never released for 98.
@LeaflameSD, why can't you install your own Windows Me machine from the FTP and copy it over? also none of the files for it are in \WINNT\. It's in \Program Files\(Name of Release)
Deus damnaret eam!

giantsteen
Donator

Post by giantsteen »

Jecag wrote:@giantsteen It was never released for 98.
@LeaflameSD, why can't you install your own Windows Me machine from the FTP and copy it over? also none of the files for it are in \WINNT\. It's in \Program Files\(Name of Release)
It was a version made by someone (it was the Windows ME Movie Maker) but it was made to be installed on 98 but it worked on any version.

98fan

Post by 98fan »

I found a movie maker installer I tried to make about six years ago for Windows 98 (wmmaker.exe 6.2 MB). I can't remember if it actually installed the files properly but at least the support files are all there. I doubt it will install on W2K. What I do know is that movie maker won't run on 98 without the ME shell. You can always figure out where the files are supposed to go by reading the moviemk.inf file in the installer. Just extract with Winrar, winzip, etc.

In the rar file is also the unofficial movie maker for 98 (wmm98_build1.exe 1.5 MB). Will it run on W2K ?... without the ME shell32.dll ??? Let us know if it does. The installer doesn't have all the support files though.

287564USAM.exe is the official movie maker update for ME.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wo5t89539ltz7vl

I'm not sure what you were looking for in the WINNT folder. I don't think any of the files were copied into the system folder except for maybe ME's shell32.dll. Movie maker is supposed to go into Program Files.

Good luck.

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

All Movie Maker versions prior to Live are installed in X:\Program Files\Movie Maker\ with X being you system partition. Nothing that you could run is put in WINNT/WINDOWS directory...

98fan

Post by 98fan »

You got me curious so I have been trying a few things. You may want to try this instead.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ya9j5iu8rf8ud1o

This is the entire Movie Maker folder from an ME installation. Just extract it to your Program Files folder in W2K. I tried it and Movie Maker works. :D Asks for Windows Media Player if not installed. Presumably needs Media Player 7 or higher.

LeaflameSD

Post by LeaflameSD »

giantsteen wrote:
Jecag wrote:@giantsteen It was never released for 98.
It was a version made by someone (it was the Windows ME Movie Maker) but it was made to be installed on 98 but it worked on any version.
I'm too damn lazy to install Windows Me on a VM or actual machine (60 minutes!).

LeaflameSD

Post by LeaflameSD »

98fan wrote:You got me curious so I have been trying a few things. You may want to try this instead.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ya9j5iu8rf8ud1o

This is the entire Movie Maker folder from an ME installation. Just extract it to your Program Files folder in W2K. I tried it and Movie Maker works. :D Asks for Windows Media Player if not installed. Presumably needs Media Player 7 or higher.
Ah, I love you man! (No homo) Thanks for the program!

xpclient

Post by xpclient »

If you use the Windows 2000 Known DLLs wrapper ;) you can use the Windows XP version of Movie Maker 2.x on Windows 2000 Professional. ;)
xpclient
Huge Microsoft fan and old software collector since Windows 3.0 and MS-DOS :mrgreen:
I did the testing and feedback for Classic Shell.