Windows XP Whistler 2542 RC2 with SP3

Discussions about *nix and Other Operating Systems should go in this forum.
maxtorix
Donator

Windows XP Whistler 2542 RC2 with SP3

Post by maxtorix »

I made a hybrid Windows XP Beta build. - Someone like to say "mixed version" - but it isn't

1. Stage in research.
In folder I have extracted ISO image from Microsoft Windows XP (''Whistler'' 5.1.2542.0) (Professional rc2) downloaded from BetaArchive FTP Server.

2. I take a SETUPREG.HIV file from build 2600 RTM version of Windows XP.
This is only file from RTM version, which in another case the original 2542 version of the same can be file modified / re-created with professional knowledge for registries and txt-comparing method between files from RC2 and RTM.
Because this file controls the behavior of registers.
And in two words: Unlock Windows... for update.

More information for this on the follow acticle:
"[SOLVED] How to Integrate Service Pack in WinXP Beta builds"

http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=22318

3. Stage in update.
I have a folder with updates for Windows.
First of all I successfully update with service pack 3 with using nLite;
After that I use DriverPack for integrating all possible available driver packs. For any case here are and SATA drivers;
Now back to nLite.

In hotfix page I add
[addon] Onepiece Windows XP AIO Post-SP3 Update pack v.5.0.0;
which include Windows Installer 4.5, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Media Player 11, Net Framework 2,3,3.5,4 and etc...

Unlocker 1.9.1
Hold'em Poker
Microsoft signed themes.

In unnatheded just put the serial "BX6HT-MDJKW-H2J4X-BX67W-TVVFG"
appropriate for Whistler build 2542

4. Runonce command
Because here in Beta Archive community is allowed Anti-WPA for using for beta builds I put him in Run-once post installation command.

5. Windows build string is a proof for one thing, the final product what I made isn't a RTM build, and is:
Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.101209-1646 : Service Pack 3

and for the Windows XP Professional RTM Build 2600 with Service Pack 3 MSDN iso is:
Build 2600.xpsp.080413-2111 : Service Pack 3

This is proof what makes the system beta and not as some call a warez.
6. If you install KB892130 via Windows Update you get "your Windows copy is not genuine".
But you can turn off updates in any time.

7. Choosing a Windows theme for default.
I choose Windows Embeeded theme with modified wallpaper / desktop welcome background.

On the right side with large letters is written "for educational purposes only..."

This hybrid OS is embeeded on some way, there are still meny files from original build 2542 that simply were not subjected to updating process.

Screenshot:

8. Overall this hybrid system that I got can be most stable and perhaps most functional beta, however has one fault,
*It can not be installed in VmWare.

=================================================================================
=================================================================================
Product details and specifications:
ISO Original name: "WXP Whistler build 2542 RC2+SP3" is based on:

Code Name: Whistler
Release: Release Candidate 2 (RC2)
Build: 5.1.2542.0

After using unique technique for unlocking for enabling updating have got the
unique build string: "Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.101209-1646 : Service Pack 3"

FILENAME: WXP Whistler build 2542 RC2+SP3
STRING: Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.101209-1646 : Service Pack 3
SIZE: 1,96 GB (2,111,901,696 bytes)
MD5: cd4f7f66ecff7e01461b5f356765c94a
SHA1: 19ec91d23dd67761a2990a39ceb6de31b3064d14
CRC32: 1c0b64e4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compiled by: Wiwi-maX (WM) / MAXtoriX; BetaArchive Advanced member
Last modified date: 01-X-2011.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything explained in few steps:

1. Windows was unlocked for updates;

2. Service Pack 3 was slipstreamed / integrated;

3. Onepiece Windows XP AIO Post-SP3 Update Pack v5.0.0 was integrated,
which include Windows Installer 4.5, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Media Player 11,
Net Framework 2,3,3.5,4 and etc;

4. Hold'em Poker (Microsoft game) from Vista was ported to XP and integrated;

5. Microsoft Signed Official Themes (Zune, Royal Noir, Energy Blue, Embeeded [default]);

6. Unlocker v1.9.1

7. Unattended installation is pre-configured.
AntiWPA was used for automatic activation.

8. This OS is not Geniune! And it is intended for for educational purposes only!
Debate about Piracy and Warez:

Someone says:
The problem with the above mentioned procedures is due to the fact that installing the Service Packs over the beta releases of Windows XP, especially the latest Release Candidate releases available, would result in a fully functional installation of the RTM release of Windows XP, meaning that, especially with the anti-WPA tools, you would create a procedure of which would allow anyone to basically create their own installation of the RTM release of Windows XP, without purchasing any RTM release of the Windows XP product, which would, of course, result in warez.

I hate to say this, but the entire procedure sounds quite questionable in terms of legality, and that is at best. If there are personal and/or economic reasons as to why you cannot and/or would rather not purchase your own copy of Windows XP, I understand (and also that you would not otherwise do this), but I'm sure that there are many here of whom can indeed purchase Windows XP themselves.

In some way part of this can be true. But with this method no one will get 100% of any Windows XP RTM edition or WinXP with some SP,.. truly they still can get 75-90% fully functional and stable os, but I think we search for a problem on the wrong place. OS created with this method still don't reach any RTM or service pack RTM phase is essentially and they can not be activated on-line via MS servers so...

for ex. The system don't have official Windows XP Pro SP3 string (watermark), but an older one.

The real question is: Whether the use of Anti-WPA is considered illegal or not?!

In addition to the above mentioned:
No one who uses this operating system can not validate it as a legal copy, because firstly it is not the final version, and secondly its purpose is not to be used as a legal copy.
In our country, where I live, circumvention of laws is a punishable offense.
But I worked under the rules of this website and I think I got a product that should be intended only for educational purposes, such as many users know that the key files that carry restrictions in the system and thus to expand knowledge of the entire community.
I used SETUPREG.HIV, and SP3 is free, and all other files/updates what I used to. I can not understand what is wrong to use the file that represents only register or use patched or cracked winlogon file, as is the case in many versions of Longhorn.
TweakNT excludes time bomb - is allowed for using in BA community,
Vista Developer Activation - produced by Microsoft,

But those above are intended either for internal use or to support OEM Pre-Loader system administrators. - They were never intended for home use!

And finally we must admit that nothing here is not black or white, but seeing as most fit at the moment.
Maybe in 2014 when Microsoft will withdraw support for Windows XP is this wouldn't be important to us.

All of this software is piracy if ask Microsoft.
In Longhorn case EULA from Microsoft is limited on 180-days - what we doing, use TweakNt, for timebomb, and WinLogon, maybe here with some combination with anti-wpa, and we have os for unlimited time. At first time this break license terms...

What I have made:
I just use reg file and anti-wpa what allow me using to unlock windows upgrade, and in basic principles I just use /integrate command.

However everything what I'd integrate in Windows is free.

Here the most "irritating" thing is what we have WinXP Pro. Whistler 2542 RC2 with SP3

Whistler RC2 is for testing purposes only
with anti-wpa we get it activated but in no way genuine validated
Service Pack 3 is freeware like IE8 and WMP11, and all other updates

All of this I united under one message "for educational purposes only".

After debate for the essence of the whole system, there was a conclusion - this topic should to be in Customatization"
You can see all connected treats here:

[Main theme] "Windows XP Whistler 2542 RC2 brought to perfection"
http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=22399

"[SOLVED] How to Integrate Service Pack in WinXP Beta builds"
http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=22318
~Snip~ - It's still warez
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It's still warez.
(li) Every box with any belongings in it is just Isus's theft from ŽL. :evil:

Patrick
Donator

Re: Windows XP Whistler 2542 RC2 with SP3

Post by Patrick »

tl;dr He changed 2542 to 2600.
I don't understand this at all...
It's called a hustle, sweetheart.

hounsell

Re: Windows XP Whistler 2542 RC2 with SP3

Post by hounsell »

It's just SP3..

Also, the whole "WGA proves it's not warez by calling it warez" doesn't make much sense either.

Edit: Apparently you were told not to post this either. Links removed, topic locked, warning issued.