BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 16d, 10h, 15m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 5456MB of 11672MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:40 pm 
Donator

Actually, it was supposed to be "You are a victim of the Russian Language". I sent it to someone and I was dumb enough to translate it back to english.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:25 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1
Sorry I don't have a screencap, but I have a story similar to this. I was trying to write dialogue for an ARG, and it needed to be in Spanish. One of the lines was "you son of a b****", but when I put it through Translate and checked it (by translating the Spanish into English) it came out "you motherf***er smoothie." I laughed my a** off and left it in, because it was too awesome to let go.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:05 pm 
Donator

Actually, that's the one grammatically incorrect Russian there. So, that's how it natively translates it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:23 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 9600
This is better:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:36 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Neptune 5111, Whistler 2430
If you translate something into one language and back, it can often change some words:

"I sit and I drink and I spill it all over my pants"

English to Arabic and back to English: "I sit and drink and I spot all over my pants"

However, just translating "spill it" to Arabic and back to English gets you "Disbursement" I thought I would get "spot all" as in the last line translation but nope. Translating Disbursement to Arabic and back to English gets you "Expenditure"

Strange how words can change soo much when translated from one language and back again to another.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:59 pm 
FTP Access

I remember the one where you type "will justin bieber hit puberty", translate it from english to indonesian(?), then translate the result back to english, and would say "justin will not hit puberty". That one was funny :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:04 am 
Donator

DMax wrote:
If you translate something into one language and back, it can often change some words:

"I sit and I drink and I spill it all over my pants"

English to Arabic and back to English: "I sit and drink and I spot all over my pants"

However, just translating "spill it" to Arabic and back to English gets you "Disbursement" I thought I would get "spot all" as in the last line translation but nope. Translating Disbursement to Arabic and back to English gets you "Expenditure"

Strange how words can change soo much when translated from one language and back again to another.

That's because Arabic is right-to-left language, and it has different structure and complex grammer systems. And Arabic language doesn't use bad words FYI.

Also, sometimes many words in Arabic leads to just one English word, sometimes the opposite, and sometimes the English word translated to many Arabic words, or vice verca.

Edit: Corrected Post Structure

Last edited by Ahmed Jebara on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:17 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 RTM
Well I mean this is funny, but you can't expect translators to be right. They never are. The only perfect translators are the ones that you pay for, and they are called people.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:37 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 9600
Windows XP wrote:
I remember the one where you type "will justin bieber hit puberty", translate it from english to indonesian(?), then translate the result back to english, and would say "justin will not hit puberty". That one was funny :P

I translated it from English to Indonesian and it says : "justin will reach puberty,". So the Google Translate problem is solved.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:30 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 Pro
betascollector wrote:
Windows XP wrote:

I translated it from English to Indonesian and it says : "justin will reach puberty,". So the Google Translate problem is solved.

I tried it too (Justin must have changed it).

I've had several funny moments with google translate. The only one I can remember now is on presidents, type in "Kekkonen" in and it will translate it as "Washington".

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:26 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 10
It doesn't work because it's not to Indonesian but yes to Vietnamese.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:42 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 Pro
Spider-Vice wrote:

Nope. English-->Viatnamese-->English: "Justin Bieber hit puberty"

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:19 pm 
FTP Access

john11 wrote:
Spider-Vice wrote:

Nope. English-->Viatnamese-->English: "Justin Bieber hit puberty"

I saw.

Also, put in "Will Sonic Unleashed suck" in Google Translate it, translate it from English --> Indonesian. Translate the result back into English

Very accurate if you ask me *hehe*

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:58 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 9600
One more funny moments in Google Translate:
1. English: "Will this be the end of the world" -> Hindi -> English = "End of the world"
2. English : "Will Justin Bieber suck" -> Urdu -> English = "Super Bowl will suck". (The world most favorite show sucks?)
3. English : "Will Windows Vista explode" -> Bengali -> English = "Windows Vista will explode"
4. English : "Will Darth Vader die this year" -> Catalan -> English = "Darth Vader will die this year" (Perhaps this will the end of war of Star Wars?)
5. English : "Will Grand Theft Auto IV suck" -> Bulgarian -> English = "Grand Theft Auto IV will suck"

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:32 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX 10.8 Dev 4
I saw one where the guy typed, "Google translate is terrible" in English to German. Then he copy and pasted that in German to English and it said "Google translate is not horrible". xD

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:09 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 Pro
Wumbowalrus wrote:
I saw one where the guy typed, "Google translate is terrible" in English to German. Then he copy and pasted that in German to English and it said "Google translate is not horrible". xD

That might have something to do with Google :) Like Kekkonen to Washington, that one is obviously by Google.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:01 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win 98SE, 2K, XP, Longhorn
Try to translate "Men are men and men should clean the house" to ANY language on Google Translate.

:)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:53 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
An accurate guess of the sonic '06 plot.

(sorry for the small bump, but this stuff is FUNNY!)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:26 pm 
Donator

That probably happens, as in some languages, you can only distinguish questions and telling sentences by intonation (Russian for example).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:31 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
jasonmerc wrote:
Try to translate "Men are men and men should clean the house" to ANY language on Google Translate.

Didn't work for me. (french)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:17 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Consumer Preview
Wumbowalrus wrote:

Doesn't work anymore :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:16 pm 
FTP Access

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Favourite OS
ArchLinux GNU/Linux distro
I don't have screenshot, from Polish (my native language) to English:
"Spier****j od mojej zony" -> ~"f**k my wife"

Should be ~"Get the f**k out of my wife"

But translator is translator -.-

EDIT: Doesn't work anymore.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Funny Fail Google Translate        Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:58 pm 
FTP Access

Doesn't work anymore!
But I have a screenie!
Google Translate is confused :?

Top  Profile