Funny Fail Google Translate

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Someguy2
Donator

Funny Fail Google Translate

Post by Someguy2 »

Actually, it was supposed to be "You are a victim of the Russian Language". I sent it to someone and I was dumb enough to translate it back to english.

evangelikevin
Donator

Re: Funny Fail Google Translate

Post by evangelikevin »

Sorry I don't have a screencap, but I have a story similar to this. I was trying to write dialogue for an ARG, and it needed to be in Spanish. One of the lines was "you son of a b****", but when I put it through Translate and checked it (by translating the Spanish into English) it came out "you motherf***er smoothie." I laughed my a** off and left it in, because it was too awesome to let go.
Yawn.

Pwned
Donator

Post by Pwned »

Actually, that's the one grammatically incorrect Russian there. So, that's how it natively translates it.

betascollector
Donator

Post by betascollector »

This is better:

DMax

Post by DMax »

If you translate something into one language and back, it can often change some words:

"I sit and I drink and I spill it all over my pants"

English to Arabic and back to English: "I sit and drink and I spot all over my pants"

However, just translating "spill it" to Arabic and back to English gets you "Disbursement" I thought I would get "spot all" as in the last line translation but nope. Translating Disbursement to Arabic and back to English gets you "Expenditure"

Strange how words can change soo much when translated from one language and back again to another.

Windows XP

Post by Windows XP »

I remember the one where you type "will justin bieber hit puberty", translate it from english to indonesian(?), then translate the result back to english, and would say "justin will not hit puberty". That one was funny :P
Inactive. I also don't have anything ROBLOX-related, anymore. Please don't ask.

Ahmed Jebara
Donator

Post by Ahmed Jebara »

DMax wrote:If you translate something into one language and back, it can often change some words:

"I sit and I drink and I spill it all over my pants"

English to Arabic and back to English: "I sit and drink and I spot all over my pants"

However, just translating "spill it" to Arabic and back to English gets you "Disbursement" I thought I would get "spot all" as in the last line translation but nope. Translating Disbursement to Arabic and back to English gets you "Expenditure"

Strange how words can change soo much when translated from one language and back again to another.
That's because Arabic is right-to-left language, and it has different structure and complex grammer systems. And Arabic language doesn't use bad words FYI.

Also, sometimes many words in Arabic leads to just one English word, sometimes the opposite, and sometimes the English word translated to many Arabic words, or vice verca.

Edit: Corrected Post Structure
Last edited by Ahmed Jebara on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
%1

MugenFox
Donator

Post by MugenFox »

Well I mean this is funny, but you can't expect translators to be right. They never are. The only perfect translators are the ones that you pay for, and they are called people.

betascollector
Donator

Post by betascollector »

Windows XP wrote:I remember the one where you type "will justin bieber hit puberty", translate it from english to indonesian(?), then translate the result back to english, and would say "justin will not hit puberty". That one was funny :P
I translated it from English to Indonesian and it says : "justin will reach puberty,". So the Google Translate problem is solved.

john11
Donator

Post by john11 »

betascollector wrote:
Windows XP wrote:I remember the one where you type "will justin bieber hit puberty", translate it from english to indonesian(?), then translate the result back to english, and would say "justin will not hit puberty". That one was funny :P
I translated it from English to Indonesian and it says : "justin will reach puberty,". So the Google Translate problem is solved.
I tried it too (Justin must have changed it).

I've had several funny moments with google translate. The only one I can remember now is on presidents, type in "Kekkonen" in and it will translate it as "Washington".

Spider-Vice
Donator

Post by Spider-Vice »

It doesn't work because it's not to Indonesian but yes to Vietnamese.

john11
Donator

Post by john11 »

Spider-Vice wrote:It doesn't work because it's not to Indonesian but yes to Vietnamese.
Nope. English-->Viatnamese-->English: "Justin Bieber hit puberty"

Windows XP

Post by Windows XP »

john11 wrote:
Spider-Vice wrote:It doesn't work because it's not to Indonesian but yes to Vietnamese.
Nope. English-->Viatnamese-->English: "Justin Bieber hit puberty"
I saw.

Also, put in "Will Sonic Unleashed suck" in Google Translate it, translate it from English --> Indonesian. Translate the result back into English

Very accurate if you ask me *hehe*

Inactive. I also don't have anything ROBLOX-related, anymore. Please don't ask.

betascollector
Donator

Post by betascollector »

One more funny moments in Google Translate:
1. English: "Will this be the end of the world" -> Hindi -> English = "End of the world"
2. English : "Will Justin Bieber suck" -> Urdu -> English = "Super Bowl will suck". (The world most favorite show sucks?)
3. English : "Will Windows Vista explode" -> Bengali -> English = "Windows Vista will explode"
4. English : "Will Darth Vader die this year" -> Catalan -> English = "Darth Vader will die this year" (Perhaps this will the end of war of Star Wars?)
5. English : "Will Grand Theft Auto IV suck" -> Bulgarian -> English = "Grand Theft Auto IV will suck"

Wumbowalrus
Donator

Post by Wumbowalrus »

I saw one where the guy typed, "Google translate is terrible" in English to German. Then he copy and pasted that in German to English and it said "Google translate is not horrible". xD

john11
Donator

Post by john11 »

Wumbowalrus wrote:I saw one where the guy typed, "Google translate is terrible" in English to German. Then he copy and pasted that in German to English and it said "Google translate is not horrible". xD
That might have something to do with Google :) Like Kekkonen to Washington, that one is obviously by Google.

jasonmerc

Post by jasonmerc »

Try to translate "Men are men and men should clean the house" to ANY language on Google Translate.

:)
Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends.

zangafan27
Donator

Post by zangafan27 »

An accurate guess of the sonic '06 plot.

(sorry for the small bump, but this stuff is FUNNY!)

Pwned
Donator

Post by Pwned »

That probably happens, as in some languages, you can only distinguish questions and telling sentences by intonation (Russian for example).

gamelover101

Post by gamelover101 »

jasonmerc wrote:Try to translate "Men are men and men should clean the house" to ANY language on Google Translate.
Didn't work for me. (french)
Oops!

windows8_ftw

Post by windows8_ftw »

Wumbowalrus wrote:I saw one where the guy typed, "Google translate is terrible" in English to German. Then he copy and pasted that in German to English and it said "Google translate is not horrible". xD
Doesn't work anymore :)

djmati11

Post by djmati11 »

I don't have screenshot, from Polish (my native language) to English:
"Spier****j od mojej zony" -> ~"f**k my wife"

Should be ~"Get the f**k out of my wife"

But translator is translator -.-

EDIT: Doesn't work anymore.
Nothing.

prayaas1998