Norton Internet Security for Vista Home

New news and release discussion.
___
Donator

Norton Internet Security for Vista Home

Post by ___ »

got this in the mail the other day
Hello *,

You’ve been waiting for this chance, and now it’s here! Norton Internet Security compatibility testing with Windows Vista is now available. We are currently working on an update that specifically addresses compatibility with Windows Vista, and we need your help.

To be eligible for this test, you must be testing with Windows Vista RC1 (build 5600 or greater) and be willing to test Norton Internet Security 2007 with the Windows Vista operating system. This testing will BLOCK all installations made on Windows XP, so please do not sign up for either project if you do not have Windows Vista.

In the near future, we plan to begin testing Norton AntiVirus 2007 for Vista. You may choose to test either Norton AntiVirus 2007 or Norton Internet Security 2007, but you may not choose both projects. So, if you prefer to test Norton AntiVirus, do not sign up for this project. Also, if you are currently testing Norton 360, please do not install the products together. This may cause major problems, and would not be a valid testing environment. Also, as with all previous Symantec consumer beta tests, 64-bit testing is not supported for this release.

Testing will begin immediately, so please sign up to test Norton Internet Security 2007. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know at Timothy_Lopez@Symantec.com. Thanks and have fun testing!

Norton Internet Security Testing - *

Regards,
Tim Lopez
Beta Test Coordinator
Symantec Corporation

longview

Post by longview »

Oh goodie, now I can make Vista run even slower!

Seriously though, I wonder how they protect against viruses when they can't hook the kernel...

tails92

Post by tails92 »

Symantec just moaned about Missing APIs from Microsoft some days ago.
Anyway, I think NAV slows computers down more than viruses do.
Why use NAV when there are free antiviruses such as AVG and ClamWin around?

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

im sure they will figure out a way to make it work fine without hooking into the kernal and whatnot