Kung fu Panda: The game graphics problem

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
DeFacto

Kung fu Panda: The game graphics problem

Post by DeFacto »

I've installed Kung fu Panda: The Game (I just love that game ^^ ) and under "Video" options I can only select "Low" graphics. Even on my old desktop (Singlecore AMD Sempron 1.6 GHz; 1 GB DDR 533 MHz and ATI Radeon X1600 Pro) I could select "High" graphics, but not on my laptop that has Dualcore Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz; 4 GB DDR3 and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470.

Any suggestions on how to fix this because I know the laptop could easily handle "High" graphics, but the game won't let me select it...

Solved. It seems there was a problem with drivers...
Last edited by DeFacto on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

FoobyZeeky
Donator

Re: Kung fu Panda: The game graphics problem

Post by FoobyZeeky »

DeFacto wrote:I've installed Kung fu Panda: The Game (I just love that game ^^ ) and under "Video" options I can only select "Low" graphics. Even on my old desktop (Singlecore AMD Sempron 1.6 GHz; 1 GB DDR 533 MHz and ATI Radeon X1600 Pro) I could select "High" graphics, but not on my laptop that has Dualcore Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz; 4 GB DDR3 and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470.

Any suggestions on how to fix this because I know the laptop could easily handle "High" graphics, but the game won't let me select it...
I'm guessing you have the drivers installed for the GPU, and that the game is properly supported on the OS you're using?
sup

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

I have switchable graphics; some cheap crap from Intel and the Radeon. Both drivers are properly installed and up-to-date. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit. The game works fine otherwise. Too bad Activision never made any patches for it... :(

FoobyZeeky
Donator

Post by FoobyZeeky »

DeFacto wrote:I have switchable graphics; some cheap crap from Intel and the Radeon. Both drivers are properly installed and up-to-date. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit. The game works fine otherwise. Too bad Activision never made any patches for it... :(
Switchable graphics, eh? Maybe the integrated Intel GPU was being used when you tried setting the video to High.
sup

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

Impossible. I switched to Radeon before running the game. I can tell for sure when Radeon is in use: in game, Intel only lets me select resolution of 1024×768, while Radeon adds 1280×768 which I'm using ATM...

MugenFox
Donator

Post by MugenFox »

Just a suggestion, could the game be not optimized for laptop GPUs? It's possible right? If it has absolutely no support for mobile cards, could it restrict your settings?

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

Quite possibly, since i have a Mobility Radeon and the officially supported graphics cards are "regular" Radeons...

MugenFox
Donator

Post by MugenFox »

There was an app, 3D something. Let me find it. It makes an .exe file think you're using a different video card. I remember it works very well since I used it to get the nVIDIA Steam Promo with an integrated Intel laptop card which barely ran the games.

EDIT: 3DAnalyze

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

Thanks, I'll give it a try later today...

MugenFox
Donator

Post by MugenFox »

Your welcome and did it work? If it didn't, the only other possibility would be to manually open the config file and change it to whatever you please.

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

I actually fixed the problem by first re-installing Windows and then updating the Radeon driver. I can now select High settings, but unfortunately the gameplay isn't that smooth after that, if you know what you mean. The problem with this game is that it's too simple (but hey, it's targeted at kids right?) and therefore offers no advanced graphics settings, and there is no config file, all settings are stored within the main EXE...

DeFacto

Post by DeFacto »

Just an update from my part, the settings are located in the registry, namely in:

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Activision\Kung Fu Panda\Settings