HELP! Emerson 32" HDTV stuck on Service Mode

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
kingof69ng
Donator

HELP! Emerson 32" HDTV stuck on Service Mode

Post by kingof69ng »

I was cleaning my remote buttons and i accidentaly hit the service Button and I guess i hit something else because now it's stuck showing the gadients and pixel demos. so when i change the channel it doesnt change the channel but goes into another gradient to test the Picture. i have no business with this i was just cleaning my remote and got curious because i have never seen that button before and well. I'm stuck now. help please.
Image Well, at least I still am at heart.

Barabba

Re: HELP! Emerson 32" HDTV stuck on Service Mode

Post by Barabba »

pull the plug out
Pat Bateman: I'm into murders and executions.
Les Grossman: Or you can grow a conscience in the next 5 minutes and see where that takes you.

kingof69ng
Donator

Post by kingof69ng »

Tried that. i left it off and unplugged all night. i must have put in on service mode because all i see are gradients when i change the channel. gradients and colors.

betascollector
Donator

Post by betascollector »

kingof69ng wrote:Tried that. i left it off and unplugged all night. i must have put in on service mode because all i see are gradients when i change the channel. gradients and colors.
Did you try to turn it on late tonight (12:00 am)? They sign off that time. So you see color bars or gradients.
EDIT: To proof it, take a picture when the TV's in service mode.

Trogdor151

Post by Trogdor151 »

Could you please provide the model number of the tv? Also have you tried pressing any other buttons on the remote or on the tv it self? Does the tv turn on and off with the remote or the buttons on the tv or do none of the functions seem to work?

kingof69ng
Donator

Post by kingof69ng »

I'll post the picture and the model number soon as i get home. I did try to press everything on the remote, even went out and bought an emerson universal remote. I've been having a hard time just finding a customer service phone number.

Trogdor151

Post by Trogdor151 »

Here is a quote off of the website, not sure if this will pertain to your region or not. Also have you tried pressing any buttons on the actual tv and not just the remote?
Please contact us by on-line form below or just simply give us a call. If you are asking a question related to unit set-up or a technical question, please be ready with the model and serial numbers so that we may assist you accurately and promptly. These numbers will be located on the back of your unit.

If the model number of your TV ends:
*****EMX
*****EM1
*****EM2
Please Call:866-309-8819
Operation hours:
(Mon-Sat 8am – 11pm EST, Sun 9am – 6pm EST)

If you have all other models:
Please call: 800-256-2487
Operation hours:
(Mon-Sun 9am - 11pm EST)