How do I tell if my PC has SSD?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
bigski112

How do I tell if my PC has SSD?

Post by bigski112 »

I'm wondering whether my computer has SSD? How do I tell?

Thanks.
BIG!

Andy
Administrator

Re: How do I tell if my PC has SSD?

Post by Andy »

Unless you put it in yourself, very unlikely. You can't buy many PC's with them yet unless it is a very high end gaming machine. Laptops are a little more likely but still not common.

Go into device manager, look at the hard drive model and Google it. That's the easiest way.

bigski112

Post by bigski112 »

OK Thanks, did a search and it turns out my HDD does not have SSD.

Thanks again.
BIG!

Homaaa

Post by Homaaa »

Your HDD can't "have" SSD. HDs and SSDs are entirely different technologies. What you're talking about might be hybrid hard disks or something like that.

DMax

Post by DMax »

Are SSDs those Solid State Drives that use DRAM or non-volatile NAND flash memory as storage? I highly doubt they would be in many PCs at the moment since Currant HDs are still quite common and widely used and SSDs are not a mainstream replacement for HDDs like DVD was over VHS or CDs over tapes.

Yes you probably mean HHD (Hybrid Hard Drive) which have a large type of buffer and integrate cache using non-volatile memory or even a small solid-state drive. These may be more common if or as more companies produce them but I don't know of that many, or any prebuilt PCs that would have them, unless you custom built it yourself.